ID:78412

Keywords: update
I've been working on spies and I've been getting a lot done. Hopefully I can get a small public version ready by Friday to test out the systems so far.

Here's what is done:
  • Lighting System - A fully functional lighting system that completely hides you in the darkest shadow. Depending on how lit up you are, you will be more easily spotted by AI. Moving lights (such as flashlights) are also fully functional.

• Inventory System - The inventory system is nearing completion. You are only allowed to conceal ONE pistol. Any other weapons just carried by your agent will be visible to all, and to some AI this can make them very hostile. Items have weight, making your item selection very limiting. Choose wisely what you bring with you on missions, as it can either save your life or end up killing you.

• Weapons and Vendors - The vendor system is functional, but is due to some changes in the future. There is a central funds that handles all the outgoing and incoming cash flow within the game to help balance out the economy. There is a limited selection of weapons-pistols, snipers, and machine guns. Each category contains about 4 different kinds of guns. As you gain more trust with your agency headmaster, you are allowed more advanced guns. This doesn't always mean these guns are better than the others. Depending on your plan of action, some of the more advanced weapons will actually hamper your abilities. So far only pistols are completely balanced.

• Fighting and Death - The attack and death system has been implemented. I will need your feedback to help test and balance this system out. When your life reaches zero, you black out. Going down to your negative value of maximum life will kill you. Being blacked out for too long will also kill you. When you are blacked out, this gives the enemy a chance to bind you and drag your body into a dark hidden area. There are means of escaping this binding, but that is up to you to figure out.

• Roofs - The elevation system is progressing. You will be able to grapple up onto the rooftops and snipe your enemies. I will also need your feedback and your help testing this system.

That's it for now! Hopefully I will have a public version to introduce the game by Friday. Here are some screenshots.

Me dragging a body

Hope to see some of you there!
looks great
Yea, definitely something to look forward to.
I must say after reading over that I can say it's something I'd be intereted in playing. I'm gonna subscribe to your blog and keep my eye on this ;)
I hope that your lighting system supports multistory buildings. It would be really sexy and impressive if it does. :]

You should implement a sounds system to go alongside the lighting and shadows for stealth.

Don't forget to use images for mob graphics too.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
You should implement a sounds system to go alongside the lighting and shadows for stealth.

Oh this is already planned, along with a smell system where it is possible for AI to smell any blood or gas on the agent. The sound system will also have visuals, where you will see a sound wave in the direction of the sound.

Don't forget to use images for mob graphics too.

MLaaS! As much as I like the game, I'm trying to stray as far away from the game as I can. MLaas was simply being an errand boy for colored agencies while having access to neat technology. Much of the adventures within this game are based upon REAL espionage tactics and agents. The things you will be able to do in this game will make MLaaS look like a child's toy. :)

Suicide Shifter wrote:
MLaaS! As much as I like the game, I'm trying to stray as far away from the game as I can. MLaas was simply being an errand boy for colored agencies while having access to neat technology. Much of the adventures within this game are based upon REAL espionage tactics and agents. The things you will be able to do in this game will make MLaaS look like a child's toy. :)

Just remember, MLAAS is still in the process of a major update. An update that contains more content than all previous updates to the game combined, including Skysaw's =P

Nadrew wrote:
Just remember, MLAAS is still in the process of a major update. An update that contains more content than all previous updates to the game combined, including Skysaw's =P

Great! Maybe I'll have some competition! ;)