Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:789914

Not a bug
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:
Applies to:rpg framework

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
_constants.dm

// the size of an icon in pixels
ICON_WIDTH = 52
ICON_HEIGHT = 52

world
fps = 25
icon_size = 52
map_format = ISOMETRIC_MAP
view=6

i changed the rpg settings to the following and then noticed a display bug. the health bar was gaped in the middle, and the inventory, ability bar had lots of gaps in there. am i doing something wrong, or is this rpg framework not working yet for a change of icon size.

I would like to have it work for different icon sizes. There are some values in _constants.dm you might have to change. Even them there are probably some things I missed. I'll be sure to test it with a different icon size before the next update.
also, for the isometric view, when a mob walks on the turf, some of that turf, about 20% of it, overlaps the mob. some of the turf is hiding the mobs legs. i am not sure what is making this happen but it is not happening in my isometric learning game. i have tried setting some values in the _constants.dm file but no luck in fixing this.

please verify
It's probably just the icons you're using. Byonds isometric mode can only layer icons properly in certain cases. If the mob icon goes below the diamond shape that isometric turfs occupy, there are cases where other turfs will be drawn over top of the mob when you'd prefer them to appear below the mob.
i found the bug in the isometric display. commenting the following in the demo game fixed the overlapping issue

pwidth = 16
pheight = 16
Forum_account resolved issue (Not a bug)

There might be some problems with how the HudGroups library positions objects when using different icon sizes and the RPG Framework might not place things where you want them when you're using a different view size, but these are things that will be addressed elsewhere.

The layering problem also sounds like something that BYOND just always does in isometric mode.