by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
ID:791879

BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 12.0
Applies to:rpg framework

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
i just found a very nasty display bug. without any hud elements, here is my setting to get the map to display near full as possible without that much black border seen around the edges when the game is ran.

icon_size = 52
map_format = ISOMETRIC_MAP
ICON_WIDTH = 52
ICON_HEIGHT = 52
VIEW_WIDTH = 16
VIEW_HEIGHT = 1

when USE_HEALTH_METER is enabled for an example, the display is then changed and the map does not fill the screen anymore and a big thick black border can be seen.

at the hud-meter.dm file, the following code is one example that changes the map settings...
HealthMeter
parent_type = /HudMeter

New(mob/m)
..(m, "health", "max_health")

to reproduce the display bug, use my map settings and disable all hud elements. next: enable the healthbar. the map display is then resized. pressing the spacebar in game also changes the isometric view settings when the inventory is show on screen.
If hud elements are placed outside of the bounds of the display, the map will be resized (this is just something BYOND does). You can override the New proc of the hud objects to change their position:

HealthMeter
New()
..()
pos(8, 8)

That will make the health meter appear in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Forum_account changed status to 'Unverified'

It sounds like this is just a problem with the default positioning of the on-screen interface elements when you use different icon or view sizes. You'll have to change the positions manually.