DMI Icon Info

by DarkCampainger
Retrieve extra information about a DMI file--directions, delays, movement, ect--with this handy DLL
ID:795567

Not a bug
BYOND Version:494
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 19.0.1084.52
Applies to:Library

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
I ran the library directly after downloading it, and used "Get Icon Info". I went to a random .dmi file on my computer and opened it, and was greeted with this error:
Hey Albro,

Can you try the newest version, and let me know if the DMI files included with the demo work for you?

If they do, can you give me some information about the file you were trying to load (size, number of states, any special characters in the state names), or maybe even upload it?

If they don't work, can you try my Static Lighting Generator 2 (which uses a similar DLL) to see if that one runs?

Also, I moved this to my bug reports sub-forum, so if you have a chance, please fill out the header by editing your original post.

Thanks for the report!
Okay, I isolated the issue a bit. It does not work when you try to access files outside of the folder. I dragged the icon file I was trying to open into this library's folder and it worked fine.
Ah, that would make sense, as BYOND only gives me the file's name to pass to my DLL.

In the future, I'll have to add better error messages (ie "File '[x]' not found!")

Thanks for tracking it down :)
No problem. It would be nice if BYOND could return the entire file path, though I don't see it being used much. It would've helped here, though.
DarkCampainger resolved issue (Not a bug)