Spirit Age

by Chris Gayle
Spirit Age
An amazing action adventure game in a fantasy world on mystical islands
Looks great, can't wait to play it. Also that sword is HUGE, I like it :P.
In response to Hishido
Hishido wrote:
I see that Spirit Age behaves the exact same way in terms of Pixel Movement like some other games I've seen. Every few seconds, there's a small amount of lag. I have to give Chris kudos that it's not so prominent, however. My question, though, is that if the game does that with only 1 player logged on, how's the server going to handle the lag if, say, 100+ players log on?
The lag is not caused by the server it is byond itself, Pixelmovement is fairly new too byond. It has not had time to be perfected yet.
In response to Mobii
He isn't saying the lag is caused by the server. He is saying that with one player, only very minor lag can be observed fromt the pixel movement. He then questioned whether a server could handle that lag on a much larger scale.
The lag in the video is probably from how it was recorded, not because there was lag.

With pixel movement latency is more apparent. If a few packets are delayed more than others, your client can't refresh at the desired framerate. This happens in all BYOND games, but when you're running at 10 fps the game always looks laggy and its less noticeable if it drops to 9 fps. Latency is something that always happens no matter how many players there are. There's no reason to assume it'll scale with the number of players.
Forum account understand what i'm talking about 1+ for you!
LOL Fail ^
I am more concerned, can this lag be 'fixed' if this is the pinacle of 'fluid gameplay' byond can handle. Than I'm afraid Byond has no future in the action department.

Zane your definetely going in the right direction with art, making it simple and instead of some jiberish textures or shading you concentrate on animating. Those small ball monsters rolling away when hit are marvelous.
Page: 1 2