ID:804470

Redundant
Applies to:Dream Maker

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
I recently thought that it would be a pretty cool idea to implement some icon_state editing into the DM programming language, it doesn't have to be farfetched like actually manipulating the icon_state itself but I mean like being able to set the delay between frames on the state via programming so that you can make a mob hit something on a specific state. That may make no sense at all to whom ever may be reading this but I will draft a little proc with a few made up variables.

mob/proc
delay_time(mob/TestDummy)
TestDummy.icon_state_check="punch"
TestDummy.framedelay[1]=3
TestDummy.framedelay[2]=2
TestDummy.framedelay[3]=4
spawn() Rewind(TestDummy)
return 1

framedelay[number] will be the variable to define the delay itself the [number] will obviously be the frame number. icon_state_check being the variable to define which state is being edited. Rewind() will be a proc that will automatically rewind the states animation.

All in all, I am a pretty bad programmer but I do love pixel art and this would be a great asset for attack speed and I personally thing it would make a nice addition to pixel movement.

Thank you, Trigger.
You can set delay via Insert() right now.
Lummox JR resolved issue (Redundant)