ID:80562

Keywords: dm, example, flash
Ideally, you would want to use flash in places where DM would have some trouble with or just to make things much fancier.

One situation is for a clothing selection. You simply place the person icon overlayed with a movie clip that can load other shirt icons (and probably a colour picker). This would use up much less resources then you would in use in DM on the host computer.

I am, for now in my pet project, making a title screen with flash. You can see it here:
http://www.byond.com/members/GhostAnime/files/2009%2D08/ GhostAnime%2D0001/Mythica.zip

(Just click the title screen). It looks plain right now but when I add some image effects... it'll be sexylicious.

Any other ideas/examples where flash will be useful in a DM project? Just comment! >_>
I like D:.
For those wondering, the Demonic Shield was not programmed into flash. It was sent from DM to Flash via JavaScript. Eventually, when the character is chosen, it'll send that info back to DM >_>
It's sort of confusing though =/.
GhostAnime wrote:
For those wondering, the Demonic Shield was not programmed into flash. It was sent from DM to Flash via JavaScript. Eventually, when the character is chosen, it'll send that info back to DM >_>

D:
Eh true, it is confusing, especially when you haven't learned how to use ActionScript 3.

Hopefully when I get this basic system down, I'll show a modified version of it for a creation system.
GhostAnime wrote:
Eh true, it is confusing, especially when you haven't learned how to use ActionScript 3.

Hopefully when I get this basic system down, I'll show a modified version of it for a creation system.

Spoilers.
Flash would be great for anything that can be run client-side. Training, crafting, hacking, repairing, building, healing, fishing, digging, mining, scavenging, and so on--all of these actions could be made into highly responsive client-side minigames which depend more on the player's skill and resourcefulness rather than repetitive keystrokes.
Sexylicious, you say?
...you still working on Pokemon TCG? It's been ages since the last update x.x
Mattwo wrote:
...you still working on Pokemon TCG? It's been ages since the last update x.x

No and for three reasons:
1) I have school to deal with (you try programming a game while in 2nd year of university)
2) I have work
3) The source is sooo messed up, it's not funny (and I can't find my backup!)