ID:80746

Well my MARII source went bye bye during a clean up, 3 years of work gone and even more when vancegetto and deathwish had it. :( Oh well now just need to find where i put my notes and see what was all planned/done on the game. See if i shall try rebuild by myself or just move on and think of a different concept. What are your opinions?

Later ~button~

Every other week, one of these "I just accidentally deleted the source code of a game I was working on for 5 years" pops up.
You'd think people would have learned to back up files by now, or to get better excuses.
I love your CSS
The Magic Man wrote:
Every other week, one of these "I just accidentally deleted the source code of a game I was working on for 5 years" pops up.
You'd think people would have learned to back up files by now, or to get better excuses.

I second that.
I can't feel sorry for you. You would think if a person has spent 3 years or more on developing a game that they would have commonsense to back it up...at least once.

But not everyone has commonsense.
In his defense. The game sucked. I played like two years ago when Vancegetto ran it. The boring concept of a BYOND DBZ Game, minus the DBZ.
OrdinaryOrangutan wrote:
I can't feel sorry for you. You would think if a person has spent 3 years or more on developing a game that they would have commonsense to back it up...at least once.

But not everyone has commonsense.

I did back it up, if you read briefly into my other posts i have been moving arround lately so it's somewhere around here. But should i continue or move on is the question asked. It's not a post expecting people to say "no way it's gone for good" it's more of a should I keep going or move on.

Oh well i'm not going to go on anymore with you and magicmans little cheap shots.
"went bye bye during a clean up, 3 years of work gone"
Backed up files != Files gone bye-bye.

"rebuild by myself"
Not rebuilding if you still have it.

I'd rather not go into a deep search around your "other posts" to find information you contradicted in this one.
Kaiochao wrote:
"went bye bye during a clean up, 3 years of work gone"
Backed up files != Files gone bye-bye.

"rebuild by myself"
Not rebuilding if you still have it.

I'd rather not go into a deep search around your "other posts" to find information you contradicted in this one.

Well I know they were backed up but I was moving around alot so I didn't/still don't know if there here now or forggoten at the other place. Either way they are/were backed up and that's the reason for the rebuild thinger. Oh well what was a simple question is turning out to be quite the little problem
Quick fix

Iam wrong everyone else is right. blah blah blah i'm sorry you win nuff said.