ID:807984

Just finished up my third song. So far this one is the only one quality enough to actually be included into my upcoming album, Rising. The name of the song itself is Rising and with the current feel and tone to the music, I find it quite fitting. Here is a link to the YouTube video and my new account for all of my music production. Let me know what you think and I'm always willing to create music for your projects. Just shoot me an email at [email protected] if you're interested.
That'd make a sick BYOND cypher beat. Except the only person that'd probably participate is Branks.
I like it, but I think it took too long for the first drop. I was excited at first, but then it felt like I was getting bored waiting for the drop. The song is too repetitive for it's length, I was forcing myself to listen to the whole thing in the hopes of something awesome happening. Also, on the first drop, your few seconds of silence seems slightly too long. Make it a little bit shorter, because the silence basically makes them jump. When someone jumps, they are going to fall back down - your beat needs to catch them at the peak of the jump.
So far the main point of criticism has been the drop. I think I've finally dialed in on the quality of sound that I want, but now the beat and mix itself needs work. That just means I'm getting better, but if you're having to force yourself to listen, then I'm not doing my job properly. As for the drop scenario, at 140 bpm, it would take you about one-two beats to jump all the way up and return to the ground and two beats is being generous. I just feel as though that's not enough time to draw suspense before dropping. My next song, The Other Beat, will carry a Dance rhythm with a bit more of that classic Dubstep bassline. I feel like I've been neglecting a good bassline for a while, so now's about time I did one.
I had suspense, but it faded because it took too long for the drop to happen. Some heavier beatdowns may help too.
The main focus on this song was the D/F/A/A# Chord progression with the violin synths and the higher tones. I never intended it to be extremely "Bassy".