<b><a href="haxxor.html"> heh i know html </href><b/>

am i html correcto?
In response to Doohl
my gawd...

*Seal of Approval*
Someone taught me by coding my first builder game, "Mini World". I learned more on my own though by looking at Help-On and resources. Mhm. I do use bad habbits when it comes to laziness. Though, they seem to be fine anyways since I don't get much players.
I learned the same way Alienx26 learned. http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1681718#comment12075632
Alien is blonder than I am. woah.
I learned using CodingMadeEasy's SFML 2.0 series. Also, bothering people on stack overflow is a pretty good way to learn.

Link to the game:

I might as well share my recent creation. I almost got the engine done, but the map editor I made was too much of a pain to use so I never actually got around to finishing it. The files are called "Maze Raider", but the game is called TriPlane. Basically, the concept is that it's a platformer where the player "shifts" between 3 planes every time he jumps on a platform. The mechanics were inspired by Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver and Insight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7qpqqmlp49n6pi5/ TriPlane.zip

You can do whatever you want with the source. I'm working on something else, now.
In response to Doohl
Doohl wrote:
> <b><a href="haxxor.html"> heh i know html </href><b/>
>

am i html correcto?

You forgot youe html tags, skrub.
Ganite in locked thread:
I'm done with you lol. Do you know what you're asking if you don't know this much you really need to go learn the BASICS.

BASICS?
As in programming language variants of BASIC? Because they are actually pretty helpful for newcomer programmers.

Dim SomeArray(10)
for i = 0 to 9
Print "I'm printing an array. Index " + SomeArray(i)
next

(I knew what you meant but huehuehue)
#Learn_to_watch_youtube
#Learn_to_study_open_source_games_Codes
thats how i learned coding..
I learned from two hopscotch dancers in Germany while participating in a chicken fight

that's what we call a hardcore chicken dancer in our programming classes
I started back in the early '90s by writing little QBasic games. QBasic came with example programs like the snake game and Gorillas, which I studied and tried to recreate. I then took existing games and then tried to emulatue them using my fledgling knowledge. In particular, I was very fond of a (Bram Stoker?) Dracula game that had terrible ASCII art, and that I played endlessly.

I also made a little music player that used on-board sounds. I took sheet music -- including from popular video games -- and transposed the music. I think that I was proudest of that.

EmpirezTeam wrote:
SILENCE, HEATHEN. HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THAT MENTIONING HTML IN A PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE DISCUSSION IS GENERALLY FROWNED UPON?

Aww, poor mark up languages. You can still do quite a bit with it, and it's still coding. Hell, the Xbox One predominately runs on apps built with a modified WinJS library, HTML5, and CSS3 (at least, until the inevitable swap to XAML).
In response to Kboy33
Kboy33 wrote:
... I became confused but subconsciously apprehended what I was reading.

Then you'd better give it back! :D
i learned by learning
In response to PixelScientist
PixelScientist wrote:
I started back in the early '90s by writing little QBasic games. QBasic came with example programs like the snake game and Gorillas, which I studied and tried to recreate. I then took existing games and then tried to emulatue them using my fledgling knowledge. In particular, I was very fond of a (Bram Stoker?) Dracula game that had terrible ASCII art, and that I played endlessly.

This is exactly where I started, learning from QBasic's provided game examples and built-in reference (that was really tricky to read on those old tiny monochrome monitors!). I eventually wrote a nice GUI to run over top of MSDOS (before Windows was really caught on), that worked very similar to how Windows 2.0 did with the file cabinet set where everything was a folder on a generic desktop.
Painfully and a lot a blunt force trauma...
GreatPirateEra wrote:
Alienx26 wrote:
i learned by learning

Deviant Coder wrote:
I learned to program by trying to achieve a task until I either give up or succeed. If I succeed, I analyze why it did not work on my other attempts and why it worked this time. Rinse and repeat.

This ^
Yeah, I agree with above as well and if you can't seem to get it, ask for help! :)

Here is some background about how I got into game dev:

http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=1887547&page=3#comment16692724
I tamed a cobra with my ninja gaiden sensei and thus was blessed with the insight of how much you can learn when you sit at a computer and get little sunlight for many years.
I learned everything I know by Ripped Sources and I understand stuff pretty well now, but when I tried reading F1, I was like "Dafuq is this? O_o". It's pretty hard to understand anything in it, I admit, hahahaha. I'm still a newbie, but I'm sure and certain that I'll eventually get the hang of it one day...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6