ID:810337

Keywords: daemon, dream, hosting, join
BYOND Version:494-495
Operating System:Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 19.0.1084.52
Applies to:Dream Daemon

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:Start a server using dream daemon, go to world and press join

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:It joins the world

Actual Results:Connecting to byond://127.0.0.1:27015...connected
Connection failed. <-- This. It fails to connect to your own server.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? -Every Time
In other games? In every game
In other user accounts? In every account
On other computers? Not sure

When does the problem NOT occur? It always occurs
for me.
Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.) Works with 493, does not with 494 or 495

Workarounds:Open file location and enter your own ip in, or go to the games hub and press join on your own server.
Tom changed status to 'Unverified'
Any ideas about what it does this? sorry if i did not have enough information
This works for me. I just hosted a game and clicked the yellow button to join it from DD, and was able to get in. I also joined from the pager by using file-location and entering the port. These methods fail for you?

It may be an issue with your firewall blocking the new version. Make sure an exception is granted in windows firewall (or whatever you use).
Well going into file - open location does work but it fails to join if i press 'Join World' through dream daemon, byond is completely open within my firewall.. i'll keep testing and if i find out anything i'll let you know
pressing yellow button = Connecting to byond://127.0.0.1:27015...connected
Connection failed. for me, as well as pressing join world
When I started to work on my old project(last compiled 488 probably), it didn't run on 495.
I tried 490, 491, 492, 493 and it worked with all of them.
It didn't run on 494 nor 495. It seemed that something fundamental has changed in 494.
My issue was similar to this one: http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=775093
I had some winset procs in client/New() but they were after calling ..()
However I had several modifications for client/New() throughout several locations in my project.
After reorganizing my additions to the client/New() proc, the issue was solved.
Try to clean up the way you structure/override client/New() proc.