ID:81405

Resolved
Fixed in 455
BYOND Version:454
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.2

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Some Flash/AJAX(JavaScript) applications fail to react on Enter being pressed in the integrated browser, even though they have the focus.
(Submitting non HTML field)

Probably due to this bug-fix, the Enter-Event is not passed on/processed properly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
  1. Output an HTML document, that features Flash/AJAX(JavaScript) applications, which rely on submitting their fields through the Enter key-press, to the browser
  2. Fill in the form
  3. Hit Enter

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:
// Example applications that fail to work with the integrated browser but work just fine with the normal IE instance can be provided privately on request

Expected Results:
The field to be 'submitted'

Actual Results:
Nothing (visually traceable) happens.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Every time
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

When does the problem NOT occur?
I only found one flash object that works with the integrated browser (again, this can be provided on request).

Workarounds:
Probably writing your own JavaScript Event handling and passing certain events on to certain embedded objects.
Not verified yet.
The fix to issue 484 is unlikely to be the cause of this issue; it's most likely the case the fix for that just wasn't general enough. Windows handles the enter key in a special way in dialogs that requires the user to work around it.

I think I have a better fix for the general problem but I'll need something to test it with. Trying this with a textarea of course doesn't produce any problems. If you have a Flash app that I can run in the embedded browser that will work, you can send it to me at [email protected].
Sent.