ID:814223

Keywords: am, games, guest, i, key, logged, on, pager, when
Not sure if this problem has been asked before, but when I log into a game, with my pager saying that I am online, it logs me into the game as a guest. The Options and Messages says this...

Welcome BYOND! (4.0 Public Version 495.1136)
Logging in...
BYOND pager cannot be contacted on port 57353.
.Connecting to byond://72.77.177.109:7000...
BYOND pager is offline. Connecting as Guest.
connected

TerryMason73 [Public]
It's doing it for every game. Please Help!
This means exactly what it says, the BYOND pager isn't able to connect to the outside world. You may have your key saved locally which is allowing you to login but that only counts for local success, as soon as you try to connect to the game it has to connect to BYOND and validate your identity -- something is preventing this from happening, probably a firewall or antivirus program. I'm thinking it allowed it previously and sensed that you updated to BYOND 495 and required you to reallow.
i had the same problem just get some new byond files and delete your other ones then its fixed i found out when some admin broke my computer telling me to take off my firewall
We may have a fix for this in 496 .. we found a problem where BYOND was initiating Guest logins when the cfg folder wasn't writable. To see this, go to your byond user folder (usually My Documents/BYOND/ but you can check the pager settings advanced tab to see). In that folder, there should be a folder called cfg/. If that folder is read-only or hidden, then it is corrupted. Just unset those properties or delete the folder and restart byond.exe.
That worked, considering something wack happened earlier when I was cleaning out my PC, and everything went hidden. That explains the story well.. Thanks! Oh, it also works now.
That's great news. Hopefully this is the problem so many users have been having, and it'll be fixed in the next update.
you welcome :3