Everland

by Asha_LaPoe
Everland
A Completely Original Fantasy RPG
ID:814447

Applies to:

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
At present it isn't used for anything, but perhaps it could be used to cross bridges with a gap or future dungeons (that appear as a hole in the ground) and can be used to descend into it.

(I know we spoke of this before but i just thought i'd add it here anyways incase we lose the ideas.)

Kiljaeden had another good idea for rope. Perhaps it could be used as some sort of small timed crowd control if used against a player in pvp. This would be especially useful for types that have no real ranged, to give them a few seconds to stop a runner and get a few hits in.Players would still be able to cast and attack but just not move as the rope ties their legs and not arms etc.

Stats could play a role in the use as well, such as agi/dex score determined to avoid a rope landing, and str determined to "break" it once it's on (higher str could break faster and therefore lower the duration of the hold.)

At the time of writing I don't actually know what all a mage gets, skill wise, but if they do not have any type of teleport or blink spell, perhaps they could get one. They could use such a spell to teleport a few spaces away and break the rope, as they are the only class that would really be damaged by such a crowd control item(rope).

I don't know about using ropes for PvP binding, the opponent could use it just as well as you could, and you'd never be able to get close to them, also, unless we add items to the hotbar, having battle items might be a little awkward.
It could take the place of the "mount" button that has the icon of rope, and the mount button could just be assigned to a hotkey like z or m. Also if your already bound you wouldn't be able to bind another, not to mention that it's not always guaranteed to land. Currently with how fast spells are cast, it's pretty much a game of run around and die in pvp if your a melee type. The other option would be to give classes like warrior and paladin some sort of charge/rush skills.