ID:818906

http://i43.tinypic.com/15d57o1.jpg

Happened to all of us at one point.
omg the never ending cycle!
Wow,this IS extremely true. Geeze. I've gone through this entire cycle at least three, maybe four times. I'd say I am at stage 5 right now, but at the same time I have a long way to go, and the funny thing is that seeing Spirit Age's art nearly threw me back to stage 1.

That being said, I have to agree with Yut Put about drawbacks, because that's exactly why I was effected. I don't think it helps that people are always harder on their selves about their work, art, appearance, etc than they are on someone else though.
Stage 5 with the high levels of self criticism until what ever is done is perfect.
hehe i saw this image years ago spent ages looking and finally found it for all those guys who think "errors are creating a new style"
It might take that much work to be an artist who can get paid to create images. Luckily we're making graphics for games. As anatomically wrong as it might be, mobs that look like this can work just fine for a game.
Lawls, That's why i love minecraft the style of it is so simple and stuff yet it's fun as hell to play :3
Btw Stage 3-4 somewhere there :3
For pixel art i had to restart the cycle
In response to Forum_account
Lol, yes, but that game purposely created box like human's, its not that they are unable to make anatomically correct mobs, it simply fits their theme.
I'm between 2 and 3 lol, I certainly haven't figured out what this anatomy everyone's talking about is, and i don't study.
Art for a game doesn't matter too much to me as long as it's consistent. It's really all up to the artist on how he wants it to look. That's the beautiful thing about art. There really is no wrong way to do it. It's up to the artist!
I'm at -1.
In response to Skyiden
Skyiden wrote:
Lol, yes, but that game purposely created box like human's, its not that they are unable to make anatomically correct mobs, it simply fits their theme.

They're intentionally incorrect but that doesn't mean they could have made human models that were 100% anatomically correct. To make models and to have them look nice you still need to know something about colors, proportion, and how things move, but you don't have to spend 6 years scribbling anime characters in notebooks to be able to make graphics for a computer game.
I'm not sure about my pixel art ability but I already get paid for some of my art...
In response to Vrocaan
Vrocaan wrote:
I'm at -1.

i am at -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000
Ahh this wonderful yet bothersome cycle 3-4 is mine yet i don't wanna study, couple tips zane?