ID:820970

Anyways I thought I'd start an elemental Golem, right now I have the outline but I will be posting progress as i move on and on and on until It's complete. The colors in it atm are placeholders, they won't be the legit colors.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Yeah
The body armor seems to centered more compared to the belt and lower plate it should offset more to the left.

You should be able to look at it and tell.

But overall looking forward to seeing this get done.
K I finished the ice(water) part of the golem, I'm not satisfied with the bottom torso part though so I might edit that later. But here's the newest version so far :D

Like the texture you used for ice, think the face should be more intact though. :P
Yeah, I forgot about the eye region, the piece is big so I did some of the top and zoomed into the bottom and saved l0l. Ill fix it later
You still didn't say why you hate the palette.
Anyways here's the latest, I really don't like the fire(IT's HORRIBLE) since it's my weakest skill or whatever, so I'll be toying around with it a lot. I could of made it better but I got lazy with it. Anyways Ill change the fire up a bit tomorrow and give it more "order" or whatever because right now it's all over the place l0l

In response to Chaorace
Chaorace wrote:
Anyways here's the latest, I really don't like the fire(IT's HORRIBLE) since it's my weakest skill or whatever, so I'll be toying around with it a lot. I could of made it better but I got lazy with it. Anyways Ill change the fire up a bit tomorrow and give it more "order" or whatever because right now it's all over the place l0l

That looks stupid mostly because of the shield and because it doesn't have detail if you add detail to one thing you should add detail to all or its going to look like a shield that is only orange or yellow and a whip that has alot of detail and looks very realistic.
In response to Dr.Penguin
Where are you getting a shield and whip from. l0l.
In response to Dr.Penguin
Dr.Penguin wrote:

That looks stupid mostly because of the shield and because it doesn't have detail if you add detail to one thing you should add detail to all or its going to look like a shield that is only orange or yellow and a whip that has alot of detail and looks very realistic.

ITS a work in proggress he is working on adding all the detail. Why do you post here you never have anything to say that will help and calling someones art Stupid is very rude and want help you get a artist for you game.

Looking good Chaos It might just be me but the right foot looks a bit odd like its not on his body but keep it up
That's looking pretty damn cool.
I know what a color swap can do, I gave numeroius examples to people tons of times. The colors you chose are not working for what I'm aiming for. They're too dull and it hurts my eyes looking at that picture because of the background on it l0l.
Anyways I'm losing motivation for this piece, I'll come back to it later once I'm better at art and can make it really stand out, as of now, I'm too busy with other things atm. This is what I'm going to end with so far. Plus this type of thing doesn't really feel like art I like doing. But in the future I WILL make it beast, just don't have the motive to do it yet, I rushed it for no reason l0l

Didn't finish the magma on the other arm because I'm lazy but oh well. And yes I know the arms are two different sizes, that's how I want it l0l. Yeah so it's horrible and I'm not motivated to fix it up as of now.
They all look amazing from my point of view
Yut Put, I'd like to point out that above all else, making the art pleasing should be the goal. Saying your color theory is wrong, and editing the piece to be a bit less pleasing (even if it's just from my point of view) isn't the right mindset imo.

No matter the technique, if it isn't improving the piece leave it out. That's what I think.
Yut Put wrote:
Apologies with the background.

This example was mainly just meant to demonstrate how colors of abstract hues can be used and how a palette reduction can affect a piece. It's not the best example but, like I said, it gets the point across.

Yeah I know how palette's work, but your example isn't working. Maybe for something else abstract hues may work, but for this particular piece, it is not working. Anyways I'm done with this piece for now like I said 3 post ago I think l0l.