ID:824159

Hello,

I got this desktop at home and I was wondering if it's actually capable of hosting a polished, released game.

Specs:
Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 build 2600
AMD Duron Processor 1,31 GHz
320 MB RAM.
Mainly it's your internet connection. I remember back in the day just upgrading from dial up to DSL made my Proelium servers lag a lot less.
ram also mattes.But that seems enough to host a byond server but it also depends on the amount of details the graphics and the Games file takes up.
A BYOND game consistently chewing up 320MB of RAM is doing some truly atrocious memory management.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Mainly it's your internet connection. I remember back in the day just upgrading from dial up to DSL made my Proelium servers lag a lot less.

dial up

servers

How far back in the day was this? This could explain my fond Proelium memories.
05-06ish.
Mmmm, I played more in 2002 - 2003.
On a hosting related note, I'm working on a multiplayer game that uses pixel movement. It's for the 64Digits RPG contest, and I need a host to test the game before the contest ends, as well as at the end of the contest. So, when I get to the testing phase, it would probably be a good test to see how capable your server would be. That being said, it still needs time before the testing phase is ready.