ID:82497

My birthday is coming up in November and my father needed an Electrocardiogram in Warrnambool today at 3pm, they decided to spring me with my birthday present earlyish.

They let my pick out a new monitor for my computer. I was tempted to go with a far more comfortable office chair instead, but the choice of comfort and efficiency is a hard one to make.

I went with the monitor 'cause I was watching the trailer to the new Starwars MMO and was so obviously distracted, I'd have agreed to anything. Seriously, that trailer, watch it. It clearly has nothing to do with the gameplay (if it does... my mind will explode -- I don't know anything about it), but it still looked awesome beyond awesome.

My setup as it will be on November 12th, when it's my birthday and I'm allowed to hook it up again. They're making me put it back in the box until my birthday. =(

'Cause you can't get an idea of size from that picture, monitor with the green circle is 17" and the monitor on the right is 22"

(Yes, I'll be 21 this year. What an Adult I will be!)

Happy early birthday! :D
And that monitor looks hawt.
That's a nice monitor. I think you should find a new background to properly display how awesome it is.
Happy birthday tibbby. Also, now you can drink (in america, anyway)!
pro.
I've been able to legally drink since 2006.

(Did none of you read that my birthday is on November 12th? Trust me, I'll be making an intoxicated or hung over blog post, like I've done every year since 2006.)

@Smoko: What's wrong with my background image? =(

@All: AZA and I got into a pissing content, so I took another photo of what is also in this room.
that pool table kinda makes the room look small.
Underworld Troll wrote:
that pool table kinda makes the room look small.

This room was a garage before we converted it (we weren't using it as anything more than junk storage and drunk games of pool anyway). Half the room.

There's another computer to the very left up against the wall you can't see. Directly behind it, only on the other side of the room is Dads computer. In between is a television and console setup. Next to the pool table is a large table-top gaming table. I'd prefer to get rid of it and put a sofa and chairs there (to make console playing easier), but they, for some unknown reason, want to keep the table they do nothing more than put junk on.

All up, there's a pool table, 5 computers, a large table-top gaming table, a fridge, a freezer, a television (with set-top box) and CAT6 running through the walls (I did that part myself). Printer Server with Printer is next to the television. 14 ports in the walls, and two cords in the roof to be run into other parts of the house if needs be.
Sweet. Only thing bad about going bigger is moving the screen farther back. When I got the HP w2408h I got constant headaches, so I ended up moving it farther back then my previous one seeing the size.
Why do you have so many desktop computers?
What game is on the computer at the left of the last picture you took(http://www.tiberath.com/images/stuff/half_room.JPG)
@Vegetassj9

I'd say that's World of Warcraft.
Sweet, my birthday is November 13. Coincidence I think not! Happy Early Birthday anyways.
My birthday is the 7th of november! Go SCORPIO!
That is wow. I'd recognize that annoying landscape anywhere.
My setup involves air conditioning, rather than a fan.

WHERES YOUR MONITOR NOW
DivineTraveller wrote:
That is wow. I'd recognize that annoying landscape anywhere.

Then you'd be wrong. That game is Lord of the Rings: Online.
Tiberath wrote:
@Smoko: What's wrong with my background image? =(

There isn't enough awesome.
But but but... transmutation circle. =(