Dynasty Warriors: Feudal Wars

by Ganing
Dynasty Warriors: Feudal Wars
The war between the three kingdoms has begun. Wu, Wei, and Shu wage war to see who shall end the chaos and rule the land. With 20+ different Dynasty Warriors characters, 5 non-fictional locations, and intelligent A.I., you can feel the chaos once again!
Game needs population control, badly. It's great to run and go single player, or host game that player join immediately, but you can't have the game run for too long.

For this game to run on a server overtime or all the time it may be sufficient to have the game only start when it detects a player and resets when no one's on.

By the way, I don't see a wild different in different weapons(all seems to be melee) or the difficulty of generals(all seems to go down in one hit). Will this change if there ever be an update?
ZephyreSyx wrote:
Game needs population control, badly. It's great to run and go single player, or host game that player join immediately, but you can't have the game run for too long.

For this game to run on a server overtime or all the time it may be sufficient to have the game only start when it detects a player and resets when no one's on.

By the way, I don't see a wild different in different weapons(all seems to be melee) or the difficulty of generals(all seems to go down in one hit). Will this change if there ever be an update?

Possibly. I planned on adding more things like weapons such as weapons (Bows, Spears, things with broader range), but I basically cloned an Officer, and when it spawns it takes the look of an officer of it's kind and not currently fighting. Although, the more levels you try the harder fighting gets. Lu Bu is probably the most powerful mofo in the game. I never really got to finish cause BYOND's updates just about fried the source somehow.
Let me be very clear in saying that this game has a good bit of potential and I'd love to host it -- if it didn't lag like a mofo after 3 minutes.
Fanofgaming wrote:
Let me be very clear in saying that this game has a good bit of potential and I'd love to host it -- if it didn't lag like a mofo after 3 minutes.

Lol I know... I know...
The game is fun to waste time in, but it lags like crazy after a short amount of time, and I've draw to this conclusion why. At some of the spawn points sometimes enemies don't move and more keep spawning. This results in over 20 enemies on each tile in these areas. I used my mosou in one of these areas and got over 1000 kills. Now for 1000 mobs to be on screen at one time itself is ridiculous, especially when there aren't even 500 tiles on screen. So, I would suggest checking to see why your mobs aren't following through with their actions at creation, add in checks for spawn points to see if it already is surrounded by mobs or not, and to put a limit on total mobs per battle area. This should cut down on your lag tremendously. There are a variety of other bugs, and things you can do to cut down on lag, but I don't have time to go into it at the moment.
Ulterior Motives wrote:
The game is fun to waste time in, but it lags like crazy after a short amount of time, and I've draw to this conclusion why. At some of the spawn points sometimes enemies don't move and more keep spawning. This results in over 20 enemies on each tile in these areas. I used my mosou in one of these areas and got over 1000 kills. Now for 1000 mobs to be on screen at one time itself is ridiculous, especially when there aren't even 500 tiles on screen. So, I would suggest checking to see why your mobs aren't following through with their actions at creation, add in checks for spawn points to see if it already is surrounded by mobs or not, and to put a limit on total mobs per battle area. This should cut down on your lag tremendously. There are a variety of other bugs, and things you can do to cut down on lag, but I don't have time to go into it at the moment.

Thanks. I know. This was a project I did a long while ago. It was fun until a lot of things got screwed up thanks to that flux of BYOND updates. I might work on it one day. Although right now I'm busy with Java.
Game is coming back. =) Update will come soon.
Awesome! =D I really appreciate the new update you did. It makes a lot more sense when you compete for territory one at a time while moving the players along as a whole. There's a lot more balance competition to be had that way and it limits the amount of power the games runs. Though I had run to a bug where your overlay is saved when you load game, but easily solved by loading the character again, though it did prevented musou from used or charged when you get 'zap'ed by it.

Say, I always like to go against all three kingdoms so will there be a possibility when it happen and what conditions? I'm slowly but surely heading towards level 75 up to a hundred.

ps.by the way, you'll be needing some new screenshots for the hub. =]
ZephyreSyx wrote:
Awesome! =D I really appreciate the new update you did. It makes a lot more sense when you compete for territory one at a time while moving the players along as a whole. There's a lot more balance competition to be had that way and it limits the amount of power the games runs. Though I had run to a bug where your overlay is saved when you load game, but easily solved by loading the character again, though it did prevented musou from used or charged when you get 'zap'ed by it.

Say, I always like to go against all three kingdoms so will there be a possibility when it happen and what conditions? I'm slowly but surely heading towards level 75 up to a hundred.

ps.by the way, you'll be needing some new screenshots for the hub. =]

No problem! I had fun doing it! And maybe I will do something like that... it would be you against the kingdoms... nice suggestion! I love it! Will add it to the possible updates section. I am glad you liked it, and I will post some new screenshots eventually. Right now, I wanna finish the game into a whole new version, but still in need of more suggestions to help me roll along until my brain jogs out what I have in mind!
I never play this game I wish I could
In case you guys want, i can host this 24/7 lagless.
Page: 1 2