Turtle Towers

by Oasiscircle
Turtle Towers
Winner of the GiaD 2009 Competition!
Haha.
Ohhh god, i suck at this. Can any of you give me tips on how to survive longer? I place all my turtles around the attacking place. Archers at the back, shield guys in the middle and some in the front, and sword fighters in the front. When i get the healer dude and the wizards (ice, and fire) i put them near the back, then i save my money for better fighters. But i always seem to die near wave 30 something. I also use my upgrade points on my archers. Any tips you "Great turtle tower players" can give me?
I place all my turtles around the attacking place.

That's why you're having so much trouble. Place your units back away from where the monsters spawn. As the monsters move toward you, they'll get separated because some move faster than others. So your turtles will get to fight the fast guys first, then the slower guys, then you can finish off the ranged enemies.

Also, upgrading archers or knives is pretty useless. Upgrade your shield guys instead. Let them take the hits while your healers and ranged units do the work. Once you get good at the game, switch to upgrading sword guys instead.
IainPeregrine wrote:
I place all my turtles around the attacking place.

That's why you're having so much trouble. Place your units back away from where the monsters spawn. As the monsters move toward you, they'll get separated because some move faster than others. So your turtles will get to fight the fast guys first, then the slower guys, then you can finish off the ranged enemies.

Ohh that's how you guys do it, thanks.
*20 Great Tips*

1) The Baiting Strategy works best.
2) Keep your baiter a Swordsman
3) Keep all units one space to the left of the farthest right space AT LEAST to make rearranging units easier.
4) Get through easier levels using the Options.
5) Near levels that are multiples of 5. Make sure you take off the time-warping options to make baiting easier.
6) Have more than one Yellow Mage.
7) Have the Red Mage one space behind the front line.
8) Make sure the front line is mostly shields.
9) Having an odd amount of turtles in the front line works better than an even amount.
10) Although sometimes thought to be useless, Knives can be used as a substitute for Swordsmen when baiting.
11) Archers shouldn't be upgraded. It's more efficient to buy more.
12) If you have excess upgrades, use them on your shields, it's the most efficiently upgraded unit.
13) Whenever you get the chance, BUY A HERO.
14) It is impossible to beat some bosses without a Dragon Slayer.
15) Dragon Slayers should be exchanged for Swordsmen when baiting on a boss level.
16) It's better to naturally get things in the beginning rather than buy them.
17) On Wave 39, after you kill all of the remaining monsters. Move all your units out of the middle four spaces.
18) Repeat #17 on Wave 44 to avoid Gallam. Baiting is a must.
19) If a boss has underlings, beat them first.
20) Skuller is invincible until you destroy his Grey Mages.
Doesn't this game have some instructions somewhere?
Foomer wrote:
Doesn't this game have some instructions somewhere?

Uh.. sadly, no. I might get around to it, but until then it is instruction-less.
Yes it was an amazing play although I wished...It would have SOME kind of tutorial.
Sorry about not including a tutorial.
But that would ruin some of the fun, now would it? ;)
Yeah I got pretty far without one -D Please update moar!!! :) Its an amazing game.
Fun fun fun fun!
That'd be awesome, Darwin. (:
The "level 9" badge could be the rainbow xD
ALSO, the archs do the work mostly >_>
I beg to differ, I think the swords and shields do most of the work. :D
Depends on the strategy mostly.
Finally got around to it. I don't consider it my best work, but eh: http://www.byond.com/members/ Masterdarwin88?command=view_post&post=114826
Page: 1 2 3 4 5