ID:830809

I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I am curious.

I believe the ammount of maps your game has make the compilation take more time, but that's strange because I am making an original game with lots of maps (100x100, but more than 15 z's already) and it barely requires few seconds, even though it's a long source.

Any idea? I'm really interested in knowing the things that slow down each compilation.
Enabling the FILE_DIR option in the compiler tends to cause some slowdowns, especially if there are lots of icon references in the code.
I think compiling in DEBUG mode also takes longer.

Nadrew wrote:
Enabling the FILE_DIR option in the compiler tends to cause some slowdowns, especially if there are lots of icon references in the code.

In this case, you'd have to explicitly reference the path to the icon as well.
The problem is that if you have a large map with a lot of map instances (specifically map instances that reference other icon files) you can't turn FILE_DIR off -- when you make some minor modifications to a large map and then save it Dream Maker will automatically change some of those references back to 'filename.dmi' instead of 'path/to/filename.dmi'.

We noticed this a while ago when we changed the map for SS13 and turned FILE_DIR off. After a few weeks we had to turn it back on because the map would constantly be showing errors.

I reported this as a bug, but as usual it hasn't been looked at.