ID:84152

I have recently been asked a couple of times about a new project that I have started on. I'll just take the time out to explain this project and answer some FAQ so I don't have to continue repeating myself.

Project: Galatica is a new game I have decided to make. The funny background story behind this game is that I got it from a dream I had. I really can't explain what the game will be about since it is kind of vague and is hard to understand. Basically this is the first Action RPG Shooter game that I am working on for byond. I have been getting together some people who wish to help me with this game. All I can say is that project: Galatica is a rpg shooter that takes place in the year 2115. Human have mastered space travel and now it is the age of exploration and technology. More information will be given as this project expands. Now where are some FAQs that I have been asked.

1.Q: Project: Galatica. What about DNU? Did you quit working on it?
A: No, I did not quit DNU. Right now project: Galatica is in its early alpha meaning I am getting together a staff and getting my ideas down for the game. While doing this I am still working on DNU v.1 and the two games will not conflict with one another. In the future when DNU v.1 is released I hope to at least have a stable source for my project. However, I am not going to shut down DNU in the near future.

2.Q: What is this game going to be like?
A: Again, I really don't have a clear system of how the game will be played but you could say it will be a game mix of star wars, star trek, mass effect, and dead space. Other than that, I can't really say any more?

3.Q: Will this game be original or will your game be a mod from a game already out there. (Ex: Stargate,REO,Paradise)
A: Yes, this game will be 100% original completely from scratch. I have no sources or icons I will be working off of. To start I will have my own icons and own codes along with some tutorials on certain aspects for my game from BYOND resources.

4.Q: Can I join the staff. I would like to be a GM.
A: Right now I am not taking any early GM applications. I want everyone to have a chance to become a GM for this game at the same time. However the openings for staff are for people with a skill. For right now I am looking for maybe 2-3 iconners. After the game has some good icons I might hire a extra coder to work along side with me on coding. If you wish to join Galatica's staff just message me.

5.Q: Will players from DNU get any early looks at the game before it is released to the community?
A: Right now I am unsure about early testing. However I can say that people who don't play DNU can still be part of the early stages of testing for this project. Just let me know.

If any of you guys have any questions I did not answer please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments part of this post. Thank you -V
Make it possible for people to host a server and appoint their own GMs. No sense ruining your game by appointing the wrong people to positions of power and forcing everyone else to live with it.
"Will this game be original or will your game be a mod from a game already out there."

While it is commendable to create your own game from nothing, original doesn't really mean "use your own code and graphics." Lots of original games use graphics from RPG Maker and free resource packs. That doesn't make them unoriginal.

What does make something original is creating a setting, characters, and story from nothing. Not using any pre-existing elements from other franchises such as Naruto, Bleach, or Dragonball Z.
True SuperAntx and that is what I hope to accomplish. My game will have original features and its own cool storyline. Also Foomer the game will have its own GM base this won't be a game where everyone can have their own server. However I will give the host power. Also GMs really won't have any advantages over others except that they are enforcers of the game's rules.
Oh well you just ignored what I said.
no I said I am not allowing people be GMs on their own server. I'm sure I wont have the host files open to anyone in the first place.