ID:842451

(See the best response by Super Saiyan X.)
Code:
            usr.message += "<font color=red>[time2text(world.timeofday,"hh:mm:ss")]-[usr] \"[a]\"</font><br>"
usr << list2params(usr.message)

Problem description:when i run this i get

%3cfont+color%3dred%3e21%3a40%3a46-Shwb1+%22lol%22%3c%2ffont% 3e%3cbr%3e

how do i make it go back to what the text string was when i put it in the list? its spost to do it automagicly(from what i read) but it dosnt :(

Try putting it through html_decode(). Or html_encode(). One of those should work.
didnt work
If usr.message is a list you can use the Text library's concat() proc to convert the list to a string. The output statement would be:

usr << concat(usr.message)
Best response
and in case Forum_account's library isn't helping you out;

you have to do url_decode() on the messageto accomplish what you want to do. all of that %xx and + nonsense is what happens when you turn something into params (list2params), or in any other situation where something is turned into their hexadecimal counterparts. it's also used for linking/creating urls...so, that's why it's called url_decode(), there is a procedure called url_encode(), which does the opposite and turns the message into what your list2params output looks like.

So..just copying your snippet, and seeing what that looks like...

usr.message += "<font color=red>[time2text(world.timeofday,"hh:mm:ss")]-[usr] \"[a]\"</font><br>"
usr << list2params(message)
//compare the output of the two snippets
usr << url_decode(list2params(usr.message))