Previously, the relative benefit of modifying a drone in the late stage of the game was quite small. More importantly, there was the threat of building up a drone type's power just to end up with the same 50% chance of killing a drone.
Now, the benefit of modifying a drone is unrestricted by time and a drone's success in battle is always being threatened. The value of modifying a drone type depends on summoned pieces and plans as it should.
I also focused on polishing the interface. For instance, I stopped using grids because I have a constant number of cells, I'm not outputting atoms, labels stretch better, and buttons require less explanation. I also redesigned the options displayed on the map to be more symbolic and removed the mouse click hints. (Other than spells, there's only one option that requires a right-click anyway.)
These pictures were taken from different matches so pardon the color differences and chat.
Here's the change log as posted in the game:
- When modified, drone type stats now swap points instead of merely increasing.
- The help file was updated with the above mechanical change, CSS changes, more concise language.
- Players who can't modify drone types now have their turns ended automatically during the Modify phase.
- The player limit is now displayed above the Join button.
- Hosts and single players on unhosted instances are now greeted with a note locating server options.
- Player options are now explained on the map with symbols instead of words.
- The Drones tab is now a simple table with buttons for summoning selection.
- The Bid tab now uses symbolic buttons and labels instead of a grid.
- The Modify tab now uses a separate tab of symbolic buttons and labels for each drone type.
- The Battle tab has been redesigned to explain the new HUD.
- The last winner should no longer look smushed when the window is resized.
- Various borders and colors were changed in the skin.
- Various tab icons were changed. Sometimes the tab titles were removed.
- The player logout timer was fixed.