ID:851161

When I log in as a guest does my guest key stay the same forever or does it change over a period of time? Also would it be possible to have people subscribe using guest keys?(this be extremely nice since the standalone client should be up in the next version of byond and having people register on byond to subscribe be kind of a pain)
For the most part, your guest key will stay the same, as it's based on computer_id. However, you should still write your own account system so players can play on different machines.

And you cannot buy a subscription for a guest key.
Ok. I kind of thought about this for a while and since I was planning to release the game with the standalone installer/client I decided I be kind of repeating myself since you kind of have to login in the standalone client with your byond account(don't have to but its still looks like the login to the games client). So if I had a password login system in the game it be kind of weird. I would like to ask this though. Is there any advantage of having your own account system? The only disadvantage I could think off was having to log into the pager every time before ya go into a game but that will be taken care off.
If you are using the standalone installer, you have to use BYOND keys for subscriptions. However, you can configure the login screen so it looks like it's for your game. Take a look at http://silkgames.com/nestalgia/download.html for an idea for how it works. It doesn't even use the pager or extra software so there's no confusion.
Ye I checked that out. It looks really nice. I was wondering will the client be able to be configured just like the interface is being configured now in the editor or will ya have to write CSS or HTML code for client so it look nice? By the way thanks for the reply. Kind of nice to have the owner reply to some posts.
The configuration is mostly done through CSS and HTML. That gives the most flexibility.
So it will be like the blogs used to be. Will there be a basic layout the way there was with the blogs or will it all be done with CSS and HTML(like defining each element yourself).