ID:85629

Not a bug
BYOND Version:457
Operating System:Windows XP Pro
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.5

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
Used A png as an icon of size 510x320 and placed it on map. During runtime while the png is in view it dissappears after a certain number of steps you'ved made away from its "Begining" Icon?
Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

Code Snippet (if applicable) to Reproduce Problem:

Expected Results:
That that png would stay visible at all times

Actual Results:
Png icon dissappears after about 8 steps or so away from it.

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Everytime
In other games?
In other user accounts?
On other computers?

When does the problem NOT occur?

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

Workarounds:

Would have to break the png file into many different icon states...painstaking annoying.

Please provide either a demo or the source code.
I believe this bug is related to the bug I posted earlier today, whether or not this report is a duplicate i don't know (i'm guilty of posting duplicates sometimes myself >_>)

This could be the same glitch you are experiencing (This report has source code, screenshots, detailed info, etc)
The extra map space alotted to show big icons while you're moving around is limited to 3 extra tiles. This is a compromise in that there is usually no reason an icon of that size should normally be on the map, but icons bigger than one tile are still to be expected. Mostly people only use icons that big for title screens.