Action RPG Framework

by Forum_account
Action RPG Framework
A framework for developing action RPGs.
In response to Kaiochao
Toddab503 wrote:
I'm hoping doing so might increase the likelihood of the standards of BYOND changing. Most games don't seem to worry about this. I've been toying with it a bit lately, and the simplest things like this seem to make the biggest differences in AI's realism. This has also left me growing quite curious about how BYOND handles path finding in its procs like step_towards.

The Pixel Movement library has move_to() and move_towards() procs which are similar to BYOND's walk_to() and walk_towards(). The Action RPG Framework uses move_towards but there's no reason it can't use move_to. I don't think there would be much of a difference in CPU usage.

Kaiochao wrote:
With pixel movement, BYOND uses A* for pathfinding. I think it has gotten pretty decent, too bad the Pixel Movement lib doesn't take advantage of it.

It'd be very difficult to make use of BYOND's pathfinding since BYOND doesn't have a proc that returns the path, it only has a proc that finds a path and moves the mob along that path.
In response to Hakemaru
Hakemaru wrote:
also with the party system you can invite anything in the world to it o.O and they dont even need consent you can literally force people into your party XD

The sample game lets you do that so you can test and see the party interface without having to host the demo and connect a second client.
ohh, using how you already have it set up how would i go about making it so only players can be invited and only if they agree to it
In response to Hakemaru
Hakemaru wrote:
ohh, using how you already have it set up how would i go about making it so only players can be invited and only if they agree to it

If you call the mob.invite_player(m) proc it'll send an invitation to m (as a link in the chat log) and they'll only join the party when the link is clicked. When you use the "Who's Online" command it shows invite links next to each player. If you click the link it sends that player an invite.
is it possible to make a pop up box over the buttons in class selection to say what they are? if so exactly how would i do that? ive tried but got nothing but errors
In response to Hakemaru
Hakemaru wrote:
is it possible to make a pop up box over the buttons in class selection to say what they are? if so exactly how would i do that? ive tried but got nothing but errors

Not with the kind of popup box it's using. You can make a custom class selection interface if you'd like.
Some odd reason, when i downloaded this library, all i see after character creation and going the game is my character and the grass turf. No other turfs or other npcs, any idea what the problem might be?
Page: 1 2