ID:86155

**To everyone who reads this post. Please do not "try to look cool for the interwebs". Any posts that aren't honest and/or serious -WILL- be deleted.**

I don't see the point in racism. No around the world, but mainly in the US. I understand hundreds of years, hell, even decades ago, that their has been plenty of reason for seperate races to view eachother a certain way. But the way America has grown over time, this issue should be done with.

In all honesty, this is a problem with every race, not just whites, not just blacks, everyone. For some reason we feel the need to belittle another race, or blame another race for short comings, and the negative things going on.

Other parts of the world are stuck in times where race is a huge issue(look the the middle east). But are you telling me the US hasn't moved past the point where race matters? Are we still on the level of "still-developing" third world countries? I say the US, but in actuality, I should include countries who have also advanced themselves past the issue of race. i.e Canada, The UK, France, Spain, hell...even Japan etc..

The reason the US sticks out is because this seems to me, more of a country based on blame and propaganda, rather than utalitarianism and prosperity. Think together, for yourselves. Prove yourself as a person, rather than bad mouthing others. THAT is the only real way to prove your better.

I didn't make a direct arguement, I'm just addressing the issue as a whole. Why the hell is there so much hate and bigotry in a country based on diffusion? Our nation is called the melting pot for a reason. Bigotry isn't going to come back into fashion any time soon.

Can anyone explain why this is STILL so much of an issue today? Or at least give your opinion on the whole matter, or a small part of it.

-Karas
Ignorance will exist in all forms for as long as the world spins. Saying that certain countries do not contain racism is also a form of ignorance, unless you live and work there you wouldn't know.

If some people weren't against another person's color, religion or sexuality, they would find something else to hate a certain demographic for. That's how those people's minds work and they always will, for those of us that aren't necessarily "racist", we all have some sort of ignorance against something... however minor it may be.

If racism didn't exist this post would still exist, just in another form. Consider that.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Ignorance will exist in all forms for as long as the world spins. Saying that certain countries do not contain racism is also a form of ignorance, unless you live and work there you wouldn't know.

If some people weren't against another person's color, religion or sexuality, they would find something else to hate a certain demographic for. That's how those people's minds work and they always will, for those of us that aren't necessarily "racist", we all have some sort of ignorance against something... however minor it may be.

If racism didn't exist this post would still exist, just in another form. Consider that.

I understand where you're coming from. But also, I never said there are countries where there is "no racism", I simply stated that it isn't as huge as an issue in SOME other countries than it is in America. Also, there are countries where it is an even bigger issue than in America.

But seriously, I see where you're coming from and I agree. But don't you also agree that Racism shouldn't be up on top or the priority list for people?

It's almost like it's their jobs to advertise bigotry.
I too am against racism, I also highly dislike it when people bias against others for their sexuality. (Funny story actually, It all started when I read some fanfiction based on Kim Possible but that's for another time.)
Even though certain remarks slip out of me occasionally, I try to cut back on that.

Ofcourse Canada has it's share of racism, I'm glad to say we have rights for people who aren't heterosexual. But what is sexuality? It's not like you're going to fall in love with someone based on there gender, you(or most people) fall in love with someone for who they are.

"we all have some sort of ignorance against something... however minor it may be."
I have ignorance to "Emo" culture and Rap/HipHop music.
It's human nature to irritate other people. Racism has sprouted from that.

/thread
Sun Knee wrote:

/thread

No its ignorance. As explained very clearly in the 1st reply.
I say racial slurs all the time, I'm just against people who brutally beat someone over their skin-color, religion, sexual preferences, etc.

It's one thing to call someone a nigger, but it's a whole different thing to beat someone because they are one.

Your ancestors had it bad, and compared to that, it makes it look like you had it easy.

People should stop having a heart attack over being called a nigger, at least you're not being brutally punched, kicked, and hanged over it.

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Sun Knee wrote:

/thread

No its ignorance. As explained very clearly in the 1st reply.

And therefore, human nature. DERP DERP DERP
Normally, I'd probably stay out of this, but there was recently an African Twitter topic that ended up being deleted because Americans brought their baggage with them.

Underworld Troll wrote:
I say racial slurs all the time, I'm just against people who brutally beat someone over their skin-color, religion, sexual preferences, etc.

It's one thing to call someone a nigger, but it's a whole different thing to beat someone because they are one.

Your ancestors had it bad, and compared to that, it makes it look like you had it easy.

People should stop having a heart attack over being called a nigger, at least you're not being brutally punched, kicked, and hanged over it.

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.

You are correct, words are words. This is not the focus of the arguements. Using these words doesn't mean someone is a bigot. For some it is natural to their vocabulary, you can't change how you were brought up.

It's funny, some of the least racist people I know use the "racist" terms a lot.
@ACWraith

Good find. My first time seeing this video.
@ The Troll

I was going to stay out of this but this comment irked me.

I hate when people look at another person's situation and compare it to someone else's and then proceed to say that "Your troubles don't matter look at XXXX"

An individuals problems are a matter of perspective, because you think other people had a harder time doesn't mean you should belittle ours. In those days some idiot like you would have said "Hey stfu Bobby got his nuts cut off, atleast you only lost your middle finger, stop using that shit so much!" either way it's gonna hurt like a bitch.

It's the same point, some spoilt kid will feel like shit because he/she isn't getting that car they wanted. And someone else will feel the same exact way because they don't have lunch money tomorrow. In the end both cases feel the same way and suffer the same.

I really don't care what the problem is, how people feel about said problem is what truly matters and comparing the problem to another problem with the intention of belittling the person's problem annoys me greatly.

It's a terrible habit a-lot of people have and it really bothers me. In this situation I don't care that someone in my family got whipped, what I care about is my problems the thing occured already and it has past us, the reason racism will never die is because people hold unto grudges. Black people will NEVER forgive white people as long as they excist as a seperate race, and their not the only race. As long as some shit went down between two factions the the side on the "loosing end" per say will always hold the grudge. As blacks we'll always have it in the back of our heads that "White people are the opressors"

And as long as we teach our children about the topic is as long as the problem will continue. Children are born perfect in my eyes. It is the socialization they suffer that builds them to be judgemental, hatefull or in this case racist.
Chris Gayle wrote:
Underworld Troll wrote:

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.

I hate when people look at another person's situation and compare it to someone else's and then proceed to say that "Your troubles don't matter look at XXXX"

An individuals problems are a matter of perspective, because you think other people had a harder time doesn't mean you should belittle ours. In those days some idiot like you would have said "Hey stfu Bobby got his nuts cut off, atleast you only lost your middle finger, stop using that shit so much!" either way it's gonna hurt like a bitch.

It's the same point, some spoilt kid will feel like shit because he/she isn't getting that car they wanted. And someone else will feel the same exact way because they don't have lunch money tomorrow. In the end both cases feel the same way and suffer the same.

I really don't care what the problem is, how people feel about said problem is what truly matters and comparing the problem to another problem with the intention of belittling the person's problem annoys me greatly.

It's a terrible habit a-lot of people have and it really bothers me. In this situation I don't care that someone in my family got whipped, what I care about is my problems the thing occured already and it has past us, the reason racism will never die is because people hold unto grudges. Black people will NEVER forgive white people as long as they excist as a seperate race, and their not the only race. As long as some shit went down between two factions the the side on the "loosing end" per say will always hold the grudge. As blacks we'll always have it in the back of our heads that "White people are the opressors"

And as long as we teach our children about the topic is as long as the problem will continue. Children are born perfect in my eyes. It is the socialization they suffer that builds them to be judgemental, hatefull or in this case racist.

Very good arguement. The only part I disagree with is

"As blacks we'll always have it in the back of our heads that "White people are the opressors".

Never in my life have I thought of someone as an "oppressor", white, black, brown, green, blue...nothing. I went through hard times, yet I think I came out ok. Still getting my college education, got a very well salaried job as a freshmen in college, and I still have ways to go.

I think that mindset of "the white man is evil", or "black people are no good", are both on in the same. Bad blood growing over the years, but the actual feelings have long since gone away. Put a slave from 3 centuries ago, into this world. I can almost guarantee they will appreciate things here a lot more than the average black.

Same as if you bring a slave owner from that time, they see the great things being achieved by not only blacks, but every race and they will have no arguement over what they can accomplish.

Over the years I think the arguement has become such a "tradition" that people only talk what they've been told, and don't truelly have a say in what they feel and think.
Chris Gayle wrote:
Underworld Troll wrote:

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.

African-Americans aren't special.
Underworld Troll wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Underworld Troll wrote:

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.

Correction. No one is special. Everyone is equal, what seperates us isn't skin color, it's drive, determination, and opportunity.(Unless you were born with a handicap....:-()
@ The troll: I never once said that African-americans were special I simply spoke on a topic I was more familiar with. I'd rather not sound quite as foolish as you.

@ Karas: Yes. True words.
King Karas wrote:
Underworld Troll wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Underworld Troll wrote:

Words are words.
Learn to deal with it.

Correction. No one is special. Everyone is equal, what seperates us isn't skin color, it's drive, determination, and opportunity.(Unless you were born with a handicap....:-()

I'm sorry? "People are not equal. Not politically, not physically, not mentally. We are not equally capable nor will we receive equal reward in life. If you can't handle this, you are insane with pretense."

@Chris: I could really careless if you don't want to get into a foolish argument over something that you feel strongly about. What I said is the truth, and if you can't accept the truth then I don't know how far you'll go in life. People should stop bitching about this topic, it's getting old and it's debated a thousand times.

Stop living in the god damn past and move forward.

Racism will exist as long as we live, why should this topic be debated a thousand times?
I don't care too much about racism, it's only as big of a deal as you make it out to be.

Your problem isn't with racism, it's with ignorance, and possibly stereotyping...something which I do all the time. I'll stereotype just about anyone, because most of the time my assumption will be true.
@The Troll: Really I don't feel frequently strong about racism. There will be an occasion but this isn't one. The point that I felt strongly about was your comparison of our time and the past. Pay attention to what is written before attempting to defend yourself. Commenting incorrectly only ridicules yourself.
The ordeal with you people is that you're grounded IN the past, which is why I compared the past to the present, with you people, you make racism out to be a big deal, when it simply isn't. Other people have other things to do then get pissed over a damn word, you want me to stop comparing the past to the present? Then stop living in it, overlook racism and move on. Ever heard that actions speak louder then words? Now stop beating a dead horse already, this discussion has been debated, there's people who support racism, people who disapprove racism and people who don't give a rats ass.

Page: 1 2