ID:86181

Well we are mostly done with 2009, time flies!

Just wondering what your personal favourite movie has been so far this year and for what reason...

Thanks!

Transformers Revenge of The Fallen.

BAYSPLOSION.
Smoosh wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Smoosh wrote:

Drehdog7 wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Smoosh wrote:

Vexonater wrote:
Drehdog7 wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Smoosh wrote:

Mechana2412 wrote:
Vexonater wrote:
Drehdog7 wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Smoosh wrote:

I'll break the chain and say Star Trek. I'm a bit of a Star Trek fan, so I got most of the humor and thought it was extremely well done and also stayed true to the show. Transformers 2 was great though.
NineNineNine wrote:
Mechana2412 wrote:
Vexonater wrote:
Drehdog7 wrote:
Chris Gayle wrote:
Smoosh wrote:

2012, Angels and Demons, District 9, Star Trek... Those are the only 2009 movies I've watched all year that I really enjoyed.

But other great movies of past include:
Gran Torino(2008)
Dirty Harry Series (like.. 60s-70s or something?)
Black Hawk Down(2001) probably all have seen that.
Enemy at the Gates(2001)
Paranormal Activity. That movie messed with your head.

The other would be This Is It. But that's not really a movie.
Zantofire wrote:

I heard it was terrible. Not the idea behind it (which I think is garbage but would be fun to laugh at), but just that the plot and the acting was pretty poor. I have yet to see it, but if you can give any good points about it, I might go and see.
ZOMBIELAND!

I'm hard pressed to laugh out loud watching movies lately, but I did for this one.
Zombieland, by far.
Ah, I actually forgot about Zombieland. I saw that twice. I'm surprised the movie left my mind for awhile. It was a pretty great movie. Not my favorite though.
There should be a BYOND Movie guild.
Smoosh wrote:
There should be a BYOND Movie guild.

Go make it.
Wow. Not surprising at all that BYONDers are big Transformer 2 fans. Easily the worst movie of the year, on every conceivable level (including the poorly directed special effects).

Zombieland is my favorite movie this year. It's pretty darn close to being a perfect film.
SilkWizard wrote:
Wow. Not surprising at all that BYONDers are big Transformer 2 fans. Easily the worst movie of the year, on every conceivable level (including the poorly directed special effects).

Zombieland is my favorite movie this year. It's pretty darn close to being a perfect film.

I saw Zombieland it was good and funny, but I liked Transformers better.
Orphan, it was "scarier" than Paranormal activity (ie. neither movie was scary per se) and it had a nice story without pulling the "aha this is what is ACTUALLY going on but you would have never known because we didn't even put it in the movie for you to figure it out!" Worst movie I would have to say is Pefect Getaway, which is guilty of the "shocking twist" while witholding any evidence that would get you to see it coming.
Page: 1 2 3