ID:86290

I find myself *again* unable to download any BYOND games because the local networks have blocked just about everything but basic web surfing. Since BYOND insists on using its own protocol for distributing games, I and many other people who can't access the hub aren't even able to play a single-player game.

Will there *ever* be an option to just download the freaking games without having to go through the stupid and unreliable hub to do it? How hard is it to provide a direct link to the zip? I know your pager fetish has you all up in knots about installing things so the pager knows what you're doing all the time, but if it makes it impossible to actually download any games, who cares?
yea ++
I always have problems with downloading games. It's very tedious, and random.
slightly unrelated, but if my connection has gone down previously but is now working fine (as in it went down anywhere from minutes to days ago) the first time i attempt to access a byond game from the hub, the pager will instantly slam me with some connection failure error, but work fine on the very next attempt. it always functions exactly like this, not just on occasion
Using the pager itself to download is a pain in the ass, so many times it fails to contact the hub and with no Retry button handy results in window switching back and forth until the damn thing works.
Feels like whatever anyone decides to develop on here will have a craptastic BYOND collar.
Seriously, .dms please? List the direct IP and port on the hub? Zip files for .dmb/.rsc for if you want to host?
god ur so hawt when ur mad
Instead of berating the BYOND staff on your blog you could try doing something useful. If you feel so strongly about your ideas you should propose them on the developer forum.
SuperAntx wrote:
Instead of berating the BYOND staff on your blog you could try doing something useful. If you feel so strongly about your ideas you should propose them on the developer forum.

linking to ahref's site is useful?
IcewarriorX wrote:
linking to ahref's site is useful?

I blame the inability to preview comments.
SuperAntx wrote:

A.) I'm berating the BYOND distribution system.

B.) I have proposed this on the forums before, a couple of times.

C.) I do what I want.
I know this is completely off topic but, for the files u have uploaded on the right side of this page...what is their extracting pass?
Fastflyer wrote:
I know this is completely off topic but, for the files u have uploaded on the right side of this page...what is their extracting pass?

There should be no password required for the files listed. Which file(s) are you trying to extract?
The Chatters Network.zip
Fastflyer wrote:
The Chatters Network.zip

Sorry about that. I just uploaded a new copy without a password.