Both systems do it for me. I want to play video games, why the hell would I care about anything else about the systems?
Jeff8500 wrote:
Ham Doctor wrote:
Also I really detest Blu-Ray. I don't feel like it's that much of a leap in technology and it's still far too expensive.

...It's $1.50 a disc, and the players are only $100. It's like what DVDs were in 2000 or so (5x more storage per layer isn't too much of an improvement? wat?).

The time for the technology is wrong. I really hate how they take the next greatest thing and then give it to us when it costs a dick load of money.

I didn't even start investing in DVDs until a few years ago. Also Walmart sells low end Blu-Ray players for $98.00
Ham Doctor wrote:
The next generation of consoles will not most likely be until 2011 or 2012 if you ask me.

Wow that was an incredibly dumb statement..Microsoft is making way too much money to make another console out at this point.

Sony said they believe in 10 year life cycles.

Nintendo is currently winning in both hardware and console sales.

Shut up.

I can tell you right off the bat, I never had problems with my Xbox 360. But the first two PS3 units I bought, both fried on me. And the original models get dreadfully hot. Also my Xbox 360 plays Xbox games, not just 360 games. and their Xbox Live was simply better then the PS3's online experience, they simply presented it better.

PS3 has updated the online quite a bit, unless you've tried the quality of it's online now, you are wholly unqualified to talk about how good/bad it is or whether or not XBLA. In your defense though XBLAS quality was better than PSNS during the PS3's debut.

Then there is taking into consideration that most of the titles I wanted to play since the PS3 and Xbox 360 launched, have mostly been on the Xbox 360, or have originally launched on the XBox 360.

So I'd go with Microsoft and Nintendo. But then again I ALWAYS go with Nintendo.

Meh

Also, with the way the PS3 has been going, don't expect the whole 10 year life span, Sony has a lot of cleaning up to do.

Not really, Sony's going to be seeing a few million PS3S sold on black friday.
With plenty of good exclusives already released, a reasonable price, upcoming awesome exclusives and of course Free Online. Sony is in a very good position.
For you to determine the ps3s lifespan just a little into it's third year is a bit crazy to say the least.

The whole thing about the original models being ridiculously hot isn't true. It may have happened to you but not everybody{barely any as far as I know].

Also...You say Sony has many things to clean up? Microsoft's console has got to be the most unreliable console ever, plus their going to raise the price range of XBLA soon. Sony's problem was games, Microsofts probelm is lack of new IP's, unreliability and then the fact you have to pay for online.

_>

Here in Atlanta and Blu-Ray disks are only like a dollar..

@Underworld Troll
Some people actually get the PS3 because it's an all out entertainment center. Things like watching BluRay movies, watching popular TV shows and listening to musics interests people.
Shocking isn't it?

Shut up already. Nobody cares that you get free online for shitty games. Microsoft makes its money the same way a lot of gaming companies do, subscription fees. Its one of the best ways for income for big companies.
Jeff8500 wrote:
...It's $1.50 a disc, and the players are only $100. It's like what DVDs were in 2000 or so (5x more storage per layer isn't too much of an improvement? wat?).

They only store about 40% more space, that's far from 500%. I doubt movies and games will ever be big enough to need a Blu-ray disk to store them any time soon anyway.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Shut up already. Nobody cares that you get free online for shitty games. Microsoft makes its money the same way a lot of gaming companies do, subscription fees. Its one of the best ways for income for big companies.

You fail..
Riku 123q wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

You fail..

You set the high bar for fail.
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

You fail..

I'd take that to heart if it wasn't coming from an idiot.
Riku 123q wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

You fail..

I'd take that to heart if it wasn't coming from an idiot.

Aren't you special. Unsubscribing, this is going nowhere.
C_Dawg_S wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

They only store about 40% more space, that's far from 500%. I doubt movies and games will ever be big enough to need a Blu-ray disk to store them any time soon anyway.

Where the hell did you get your facts from? DVD's store 5GB per layer, Blu-ray discs store 25GB per layer. You can't go around comparing a triple layer DVD to a single layer Blu-ray disc (actually, you're facts are even more skewered, considering that it appears that you're trying to compare a a multilayer DVD with an insane amount of layers to a Blu-ray disc with a couple of layers).
Riku 123q, Sony can say whatever the fuck they want, that doesn't make it true. Sony first used their excuse for the high end price for the PlayStation, saying it was expensive but it would be around for 10 years, they also said that rumble feedback was overrated and that it wasn't necessary for game-play. They also told us the PS3 would be able to install Yellow Dog Linux and have 100% backwards compatibility.

So what happened then? The PS3 has dropped in price 3 times now, they lost backwards compatibility support, Yellow Dog Linux and eventually re-introduced rumble support for the PS3 controllers. As far as I am concerned, Sony is a lot of liars.

Sony has been being supported by their PS2 sales (games and systems) and PSP sales for awhile now. It isn't a jealously guarded secret that out of everyone Sony has been doing the worst in the industry. A few Black Friday sales won't change that, especially when Microsoft is doing the exact same thing.

It took Sony long enough to update their fucking online services if you ask me. It was just a few months ago people still couldn't just start a voice chat with their friends, instead they had to rely on texting, which was already ridiculous. The fact that Nintendo's Online service for the Wii looked better then Sony's is total fail sauce.

"Good Exclusives" and Sony doesn't work with the PS3 and it most likely never will. Xbox 360 has them beat in the game department. When half of your systems library first launched on a competitors system your in trouble.

Since the price has gone down since they intinally launched Xbox Live for the 360, a minor price raise isn't that big of a deal for me. Hell, if you call and bitch about the price you can get it for half of what it is standard.

Also as far as the PS3 being a media center, so is the Xbox 360, it might not support costly Blu-Ray DVDs that can sometimes be double the price of their DVD counterparts, but it easily integrates with the rest of your media in your home. I have had no problems streaming movies, music and other forms of media from my PC to my Xbox 360, or even running it off a memory stick straight to my Xbox 360 and to date, I have not had a single media file type, NOT work.

But I am not going to sit here and waste my time arguing with a cunt named after a Kingdom Hearts character.
Ham Doctor wrote:
Riku 123q, Sony can say whatever the fuck they want, that doesn't make it true. Sony first used their excuse for the high end price for the PlayStation, saying it was expensive but it would be around for 10 years, they also said that rumble feedback was overrated and that it wasn't necessary for game-play. They also told us the PS3 would be able to install Yellow Dog Linux and have 100% backwards compatibility.

So what happened then? The PS3 has dropped in price 3 times now, they lost backwards compatibility support, Yellow Dog Linux and eventually re-introduced rumble support for the PS3 controllers. As far as I am concerned, Sony is a lot of liars.

Sony has been being supported by their PS2 sales (games and systems) and PSP sales for awhile now. It isn't a jealously guarded secret that out of everyone Sony has been doing the worst in the industry. A few Black Friday sales won't change that, especially when Microsoft is doing the exact same thing.

It took Sony long enough to update their fucking online services if you ask me. It was just a few months ago people still couldn't just start a voice chat with their friends, instead they had to rely on texting, which was already ridiculous. The fact that Nintendo's Online service for the Wii looked better then Sony's is total fail sauce.

"Good Exclusives" and Sony doesn't work with the PS3 and it most likely never will. Xbox 360 has them beat in the game department. When half of your systems library first launched on a competitors system your in trouble.

Since the price has gone down since they intinally launched Xbox Live for the 360, a minor price raise isn't that big of a deal for me. Hell, if you call and bitch about the price you can get it for half of what it is standard.

Also as far as the PS3 being a media center, so is the Xbox 360, it might not support costly Blu-Ray DVDs that can sometimes be double the price of their DVD counterparts, but it easily integrates with the rest of your media in your home. I have had no problems streaming movies, music and other forms of media from my PC to my Xbox 360, or even running it off a memory stick straight to my Xbox 360 and to date, I have not had a single media file type, NOT work.

But I am not going to sit here and waste my time arguing with a cunt named after a Kingdom Hearts character.

This.
IS
WIN.
Ham Doctor wrote:

The name Riku didn't even come from Kingdom Hearts but okay.
By the way, I love how you argue and then and say you aren't going to waste your time arguing, thats really...smart.

Sony is infact doing the worst out the three, that I can't deny.

Microsoft winning in the games department?

Uncharted 2 defeats any game for the 360, no matter what you say.

The price went down ten dollars, Big whoop.

Sony is working on PS2 Emulator so BC will be back in the future. Its not like you never got Linux as a feature on the PS3,they didn't lie. They just took it away.

It wasn't necessary the way I see, but when you whole fan base wants it why the fuck wouldn't you add it? They said it wasn't necessary not that they wouldn't add it. So they didn't lie.

Nothing else to add at this point.
Riku 123q wrote:
Uncharted 2 defeats any game for the 360, no matter what you say.

Fail.

I have to agree that statement was fail.
N64>All. :)
Game set and matched.
Ham Doctor, you have to realize that companies sell consoles for a loss. They always recoup said loss through game sales, etc. Backwards compatibility (hardware compatibility, at least) was removed to lower the price (this also includes Yellow Dog compatibility, but why exactly do you need to run Linux on a system with 256 MB of memory, anyway?).

The rumble thing, well, that was a mistake on Sony's part, which they did fix.
Jeff, you have to understand that not all companies sell their consoles at a loss. As a matter of fact, the Nintendo Gamecube didn't start to sell at a loss until it had hit the $50.00 discount price and by that time, the Gamecube had already run it's course. Nintendo has always been well known in the ways of profitability.

On the other hand Sony had already stated they were loosing money on the PS3, even back when it had an outrageous price tag of almost $700.00

I really doubt Sony couldn't have thrown in some shitty software based emulation on their PS3 and called it good. Most PSP games are clones of PS2 games and PS1 games run close to flawless on the PSP. They could have easily designed a professional PS1/PS2 emulator for the PS3 and been done with it. They have no excuse.

As far as Yellow Dog Linux, I don't care. Unless you are one of those die hard Linux fans that got Windows 95 to boot up in a virtual layer and tried to play Starcraft just so they said they could. It's just another example of Sony letting their user base down. At the time they announced it, it was like "LINUX!!!!/////?!1111"

The rumble thing wasn't a mistake on Sony's part, they were being sued by a company about the Dual Shock patent. And they lost. They were just trying to bullshit people.
Page: 1 2