You require numbers to make a password. It's much less secure than if you'd let me choose my own password of my own entire composition.

Plus, it's annoying and I never use numbers in my passwords, so meh.
Ok nvm I can login but its weird that I have to type
[email protected]
just to login shouldn't it already asume the byondmail mayne.
DivineTraveller wrote:
You require numbers to make a password. It's much less secure than if you'd let me choose my own password of my own entire composition.

Plus, it's annoying and I never use numbers in my passwords, so meh.

This.
The password is password.
DT. Hush. It requires numbers AND letters.

If you're having trouble signing in, your 'username' is the full email address, not just the ckey.

@ Duelmaster409: ... that's strange. Must be a problem with IsByondMember() because it shouldn't even write the cookie if you're not.
Yes, it does, and that's stupid. It should be alphanumeric, whatever I want for a password. If you limit it, you're only opening up the potential more to have it attacked.
Well poop.

I might change it.
Okay, various updates:

I've removed the number requirement for passwords. I've also upped the minimum number of required characters to 6.

I've changed the 'Name:' on the Webmail login to 'Email:' to avoid confusion.

I've also changed a bit of the CSS to make a few things more readable.

I've also added advertisements... click them when you can and support BYONDMail!
AZA wrote:
I've also added advertisements... click them when you can and support BYONDMail!

YOUR TRUE COLORS HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!1!
If it's your user name, what about people who have spaces in their names?
Don't use a space when logging in/signing up. They're automatically stripped out.
AZA wrote:
Okay, various updates:

I've removed the number requirement for passwords. I've also upped the minimum number of required characters to 6.

ilu

I think this whole BYONDmail thing has a lot of work to be done yet. I doubt it's ready for any public use.
This is why it's 'BETA'.

=]

Right now we need multiple accounts for testing and stress testing. It's all fine.
Radical Designs wrote:
I think this whole BYONDmail thing has a lot of work to be done yet. I doubt it's ready for any public use.

Someone doesn't know what beta is, or doesn't know how read the whole thing before posting.
Cool System. Though I still haven't got the email to my Hotmail account I sent from my BYONDMail account.
so umm do we get any cool features to make us want to use this anymore than any other normal mail server?

5 gig space each hmm let us host games on it :)
Magicbeast20 wrote:
Cool System. Though I still haven't got the email to my Hotmail account I sent from my BYONDMail account.

Have you checked the spam folder?
Nadrew wrote:
Magicbeast20 wrote:

Have you checked the spam folder?

Yes. Still nothing.
I'll take a look at the logs to see if anything is unusual. Hotmail may just be rejecting it due to the premature nature of our DNS records.
Page: 1 2 3 4