ID:86513

Congratulations to those who have been earning medals and high standings in Wrangle, Warp and Weep! =)

I just uploaded an update. SuperAntx was kind enough to offer some feedback. Nevermind that there were some aspects I don't agree with. I'm thankful. The point is that feedback leads to improvements! People on BYOND shouldn't be afraid to speak with developers if they want better games in the community.
  • Normal Strays have had their size reduced 50% and resisting Strays have been reduced about 25%. They are also now drawn underneath everything except Warps. The map should appear more clear. This might settle a pretty large gripe some people have had.
    Old => New
    =>
  • The How To Play button is now available when players first warp into each level. It is removed when they exit the warp.
  • Portions of the Tips file have been highlighted and the help file warning is back: "Read the bold print to improve your stint."
  • The CSS of the help files has been adjusted. The blue frost paragraphs are now black like the rest.
  • The warp icon now animates more quickly to appear less choppy... Alright, there wasn't any feedback on that. It was just more noticeable without giant Strays roaming about. ;)

SuperAntx also mentioned a bug that I have not been able to reproduce. Feel free to offer some details if the game stops after a ship explodes and doesn't send you to the title screen.
These updates are great! There was a measurable improvement in my game.
Good going!

The size-reduction for the strays makes everything much easier to comprehend and move around in. It also looks a lot nicer, to be honest.