Pixel Movement

by Forum_account
Pixel Movement
A pixel movement library for isometric and top-down maps.
ID:867298

is there anyway to default to the byond movement of walking to each tile while still using the pixel movement lib? example, the pixel movement makes it difficult to walk through narrow passageways. that is why i need to go back to the way the byond lib walks but i still need the pixel movement lib for other procs
So you want tile-based movement with pixel-movement support? In that case, you can set your step_size to 32, but with pixel movement enabled, gliding is disabled. Meaning your icon will be jumping around everywhere.
yes, i want tile-based movement with pixel-movement support. step_size is a undefined var!
Every mob has a step_size, provided you are using a version of BYOND that supports native pixel movement (which you must, if you are using this library, which is a hybrid of the native movement and custom features).
i put step_size in world, and i should have put it in mob/player. still it has no effect. if i can't get this to work, i guess i will use two tile doors to solve this problem.
The Pixel Movement library doesn't use step_size, it uses the move_speed var. With BYOND's movement, when you press a key you move however many pixels step_size says. With this library, when you hold down an arrow key you gradually accelerate up to your move_speed.

Tile-based movement won't help you get through narrow passageways. The problem is that you need to be lined up precisely and tile-based movement won't help with that. It'll look weird and will make it harder to line up the precise movement. What you can do is give the players a key they can hold to make their player move more slowly so they can easily make minor position adjustments.

mob
action()
if(client)
if(client.keys["shift"])
move_speed = 1
else
move_speed = 5

..()

This will make the player move slowly while they're holding the shift key so they can line themselves up with a narrow opening.