ID:87006

With the next version of PathWrath 2 taking so long, I decided to release another upgrade for my territorial dispute, Occupied Forces. Why? Mainly, it's because they're some of the same types of updates that can be expected in PathWrath 2. There are color changes, border removals, tabs titles swapped for icons, merged tabs and more. They might not sound like much, but I believe they add up.

For instance, I thought the start screen looked too busy. I decreased the number of colors and tried to make areas fade out. Meanwhile, the Units tab was merged into the Start tab with a button in the menu so there's one less item to flip through. (BTW, I also placed some copies of HUD symbols around the help file so players may form associations, but they can't be seen in these pics.)
=>

The Deploy phase is pretty much the same with some color changes. I've decided that I no longer care about a potential black border on the map enough to limit skin colors. If it annoys players then they can adjust the splitter.
=>

During the March phase, I think radio buttons do a better job of telling players make a selection than push buttons. Plus those "Guard?" and "Invade?" phrases just got in the way. There should be enough clues with colors and the map to understand what marching troops will be doing.
=>

Like the Deploy phase, the Spend phase is roughly the same except for color.
=>

I got rid of the records I was keeping. They just tracked wins and completions. Nobody was using them. Perhaps I'll add medals later.

Here's the list displayed in the game:
  • Fodder choices are now saved in the skin.
  • Messages on how to run a server are now given to potential hosts.
  • The help file was updated with CSS changes and more concise language.
  • Some tabs had their icons replaced and their titles removed.
  • Some skin colors were changed.
  • Some skin borders were removed.
  • Records are no longer stored on the hub.
  • Fixed: Some of the western effects used to sound like they came from the east.

I'd like to add more units someday. As with cards in PathWrath 2, others are welcome to make their own with XML. Hit the button in either game's Options->Server tab to learn how. If there is no trademark infringement and I'm given permission, then I can include the units/cards and add links or banners to the credits.