ID:87195

Ok i don't really want any trolls , i just want a little help on more or less 2 things dealing with interfaces

i have a skill tree set up and i have everything that needs to be there to acquire skills and use stat points but im not sure how to link it to the game, like medals i wanna make something in the interface that comes up whenever you get a medal but im not sure how to do things like that

and the second thing is stupid but i never really thought to try it but i wanna make a ooc text box with 3 boxes next to it and when you push the boxes it changes from world say to speak and things related to that

If anyone can help i would sure appretiate it cause either would really help a lot
winshow(usr,"Window ID Here",1)

to remove it:

winshow(usr,"Window ID Here",0)
With the OOC thing just make a varible such as mob/var/talktype="OOC". Then when pressing the buttons linked with a verb will set the talktype to what you make it. Then when you do your say just check their talktype and output it to the correct say.
Shadow Void wrote:
winshow(usr,"Window ID Here",1)

to remove it:

winshow(usr,"Window ID Here",0)

thank you for the help

im going to test it out today
Magicbeast20 wrote:
With the OOC thing just make a varible such as mob/var/talktype="OOC". Then when pressing the buttons linked with a verb will set the talktype to what you make it. Then when you do your say just check their talktype and output it to the correct say.

so make a verb for the chat box and make boxes to switch the say

thank you for your help also
Magicbeast20 wrote:

i still can't do the chat correctly, would you be able to make a example for me
The chat boxes are pretty easy. I suggest you go about it "World of Warcraft" style. Have one big chat box with tabs on it, you click the tabs, it switches from one text window to another.

It is fairly easy to do. You need to make a chat window for each chat box. So if you want one for OOC, World and Combat, you need 3 different chat windows. You would set these as panes.

Then you could take a tab, put it on your main interface and link it to the 3 different chat windows. Only use one input box, since you don't need to have more then one for this situation.
If it is too hard for you to understand I can set something up so you can look at it as an example.

If you got AIM or an e-mail or something let me know.
Radical Designs wrote:
If it is too hard for you to understand I can set something up so you can look at it as an example.

If you got AIM or an e-mail or something let me know.

i know what your talking about but i wanted to make it Duel Monsters Unlimited style