ID:87224

BYOND Version:460
Operating System:Windows XP Home
Web Browser:Firefox 3.0.15

Thus far we've been unable to verify or reproduce this bug. Or, it has been observed but it cannot be triggered with a reliable test case. You can help us out by editing your report or adding a comment with more information.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

Using MouseDrop() to interact with interface grids and labels seems to have the tendency to freeze the dreamseeker.

Each interaction updates between 10 to 20 interface objects depending on what kind of interaction.

Though this does not happen every time,
the dreamseeker freezes (CPU usage for the process drops to 0% in the task manager) and remains unresponsive (The options and preferences menu can be opened and closed in this state, but all of the other functions of this menu are unresponsive).

I currently use 0.5 tick_lag. I have been unable to reproduce the problem with 1 tick_lag, so the lower tick_lag may be related.

[EDIT]:
I am able to reproduce this problem with a tick_lag of 0.1.

The best I can do to reproduce this with tick_lag of 1 ends up having a grid show the wrong information after a considerable delay.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1. Set the world.tick_lag to 0.5

2. Use MouseDrop() to call a proc that updates 20 interface objects

Expected Results:
The interface is fully updated, and no problems occur at all.

Actual Results:
Sometimes, the dreamseeker freezes and becomes completely unresponsive (but not "Not Responding" in the task manager)

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often?
Perhaps 1 out of 10 times
In other games?
I don't know
In other user accounts?
Yes
On other computers?
On clients that have connected to the server, yes. When a client causes it, the server AND the clients freeze. I have not been able to test this on other server machines. [EDIT]: This does not occur on other host machines.

When does the problem NOT occur?
When the world.tick_lag is set to 1 and when there are no interface actions being made.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)
I believe this has been happening since 458 (I have been unable to test this on older versions)

Workarounds:
Setting the world.tick_lag to 1 or drastically lowering the number of interface objects being updated.
The complexity of this issue is fairly high, so that I have little hope I can reproduce it from scratch. Would you happen to have a demo?
No I don't have a demo. I tried making one but I'm also having problems with that as well. :P
I've tested this on my laptop and it does not occur. At all.