ID:872349

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
In Windows XP, you could right-click Dream Seeker in the taskbar to bring up a context menu with some basic options (like Open Options and Messages, Host, ect iirc).

However, this menu doesn't seem to be supported on Windows 7, where only the default Windows options are present:

DreamSeekerJumplist.png

I would like to request that a Windows 7 variant of this feature be implemented. I believe they're called Jumplists.

Okay, now that I understand Jumplists better, I'm redirecting this request. Apparently it's been requested before (but outside of the Feature Request forum):
Utilize the taskbar Jumplists for Dream Maker, Dream Daemon, and the BYOND client to add a list of recently opened projects/worlds (id:132737)

This would also be a handy addition to the jumplists: id:94199
I support this, as I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium. This worked in Vista, but after upgrading I couldn't do it.
Shift + Right Click opens the menu as it did in Windows XP.

Right?

But, yeah, BYOND definitely needs expanded context and jump list support, not just for Dream Seeker, but all of it's applications. Whether in the taskbar or notification bar/system tray. (id:94199 and id:132737)
In response to Super Saiyan X
Super Saiyan X wrote:
Shift + Right Click opens the menu as it did in Windows XP.

Ah, thanks for the tip!
I still would like to see this feature.
It also shows the context menu when you right-click on the aero-peek, the window thumbnail that shows up after hovering over the taskbar button. I didn't know about shift+rightclick, though.
In response to Kaiochao
Now I'm starting to wonder if this feature would even be possible. The behavior seems to suggest that Jumplists are tied to the application in general, but not specific instances of it. So it might not be able to tell one instance of DS from another. Reading the documentation seems to confirm this :(

Maybe this request should be redirected to support the Recent items list for Dream Maker and the BYOND client, allowing users to directly open a recent environment or game world directly from the taskbar.
If BYOND had a way of both supporting jumplists, and allowing developers to implement custom jumplists that override the default, that would be much more useful. It could be specific for each game rather than the software in general.
In response to DarkCampainger
Actually, the jumplists for specific instances can be accessed by Shift+Right-Clicking on the thumbnail of each instance.
In response to Solomn Architect
Solomn Architect wrote:
If BYOND had a way of both supporting jumplists, and allowing developers to implement custom jumplists that override the default, that would be much more useful. It could be specific for each game rather than the software in general.

This please!
In response to Hiro the Dragon King
Well, when I say "Jumplist", I'm referring to the new feature in Windows 7. I understand now that the old-style context menus can be accessed with a shift+right-click (or by simply right-clicking on the thumbnail). I think my confusion stemmed from the fact that I forget that taskbar icons are grouped by default, whereas I have mine all separated.

Super Saiyan X wrote:
But, yeah, BYOND definitely needs expanded context and jump list support, not just for Dream Seeker, but all of it's applications. Whether in the taskbar or notification bar/system tray. (id:94199 and id:132737)

I think I'll rewrite the request more along these lines. Thanks for the links!
I use a nifty little program called 7 Taskbar Tweaker to make regular right-clicking act like a shift click. It's very lightweight and has a bunch of other useful features too.
You could just you know...merge those topics together along with a new request, or something. (You know, not to pollute the feature tracker with the same topics. id:869748, and some topic Tom made in the mod forum about it.)
In response to Super Saiyan X
Well, the one I'm most interested in is the Recent files list, which wasn't posted in the feature tracker. I guess I could move that thread over, but that seems like overkill.
Meh, I guess it's fine to keep them separate. (Someone should bump that Dream Daemon/Maker launch from BYOND's notification bar location though. )