ID:872353

Resolved
The BYOND installer now gives users an option to launch the BYOND pager at installation completion.
Applies to:BYOND Installer

This issue has been resolved.
Can we have a checkbox on the same screen as "Find games!" that says "Start BYOND!"? Most program installers include a "Start Program" option after installing that is automatically checked. Having to install it and then find it and run it is annoying, even more so when just doing a quick update on BYOND.
+10
I remember seeing it in one of the builds - right after the installer got overhauled. Then it disappeared.
If I recall, this was there in previous versions of the installer. I'm not 100% sure, but...yeah. It should be re/added.

Nadrew said something about Tom or Lummy removing "stuff that made sense," or something relating to the installer he updated.
This would be nice. :D
Yep, I included this feature with my first overhaul recently but it was removed for some unknown and baffling reason.
Bump. I would really like to have this.
From what I recall- this used to be the default behavior for the 'Find Games' check-box.

I swear Tom mentioned it somewhere recently. I'll check and edit this post.

Found it [here].
Still doesn't change the fact that I want a simple "Start BYOND after installing" option. Preferably checked off by default.
The 'Find Games' option has always opened the browser, but it wasn't always optional (one of the changes I made). I had an option to start byond.exe (unchecked by default) but it was removed somewhere along the way.
I thought it might be confusing for new users since BYOND.exe by itself doesn't give that much direction at the moment, so I was planning on reinstating it with an update where we just had a little "start" page launched the first time the pager was run.

However, it's not a big deal to me either way so I can always put it back in.
In response to Albro1
@ Nadrew My bad, I must've had it mistaken.

Anyway, @ Albro1; I wasn't denying support for this feature, just trying to provide more information on the matter. I do support this feature myself.
I still want to see this in.
Bump.
I always thought it was weird since I mostly use BYOND in internet cafe's and I have to install it every time.
Would be great if you would bring that feature back in.
Higoten resolved issue with message:
The BYOND installer now gives users an option to launch the BYOND pager at installation completion.