ID:872390

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I personally think this would be a nifty touch to the new line numbers. I know nothing about it's implementation, so I'm not going to go out of my way to say it'll be easy, but it's simplicity leads me to believe it will be.

Right now we have this:

Which is great. Something like this, however:

Would be awesome. Much easier to see which line you are on.
So...just hilighting whatever line the cursor is on?
In addition to this, I feel it can be on the same request.

Line marking just like on Notepad++
or line dotting? not sure what to call it that blue dot, I guess it's a marker.

Yeah. Once you start getting rather deep into tabs, it gets a little more strenuous and sometimes you have to double check if you are trying to see what line you are on. Highlighting the line (Not highlighting the text, of course) would solve this.
In response to A.T.H.K
You know, I never really used those because I didn't understand their use. Are they just to mark lines you feel are important and want to come back to?
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
You know, I never really used those because I didn't understand their use. Are they just to mark lines you feel are important and want to come back to?

Correct, nice for debugging large statements and can be used for an array of things.
++ I would really like to see both of these features. :)
I fully support the implementation of this idea. It would make it even easier to find the blinking | for where you're typing, too, since you'll already know what line you're on. I have a time or two pretty often where I have to backspace once to remember where I am typing; that or click somewhere anyway.
What font is that? :O
In response to Darker Legends
If you're talking about me, it's called Dina.
I see, sorry for going off-topic. I support this feature.
Cloud Magic wrote:
I for one don't want to see this feature. I dislike line highlighting, and think it would be a waste of time to be implemented. It's ugly and unnecessary.

Let me guess, you don't change the background and foreground colours on Dream Maker?
Cloud Magic wrote:
http://imgur.com/Sq3vZ

Fair enough, but now tell me how will you spot the blinking | with all that black'ness going on?

Without typing something or clicking somewhere else.
It could always be toggle-able, like line numbers. That should soothe your itch of dislike.
Bump.

While I'm bumping, I'll add something onto this. I'd be pretty happy to see word instance highlighting too. So if I highlight my variable "x", every other instance of that variable in the current file will be highlighted as well (Not highlighted like I highlighted the original "x", but changed to a different color to find them easier).

With customization requests like this I think it would be better to move to a bigger color selection window that perhaps lets you go through a list of changeable things (See Notepad++ for a good example, along with other IDEs).
++
This would be very convenient!
I agree.
Bump.
Bump.
I like this idea even better than line numbers. Just don't make it follow the mouse everywhere. It should only highlight a line when you click somewhere on it, so that the curser is active there.

If this gets implemented, it should also have an option to change the highlight color, for different schemes. Also, if you don't want highlighting, all you have to do is set the highlight color the same as the background, and it simply disappears!
Page: 1 2 3