ID:87930

Not a bug
BYOND Version:459
Operating System:Windows Vista Business 64-bit
Web Browser:Firefox 3.5.6

This is not a bug. It may be an incorrect use of syntax or a limitation in the software. For further discussion on the matter, please consult the BYOND forums.
Descriptive Problem Summary:
When programatically setting world.maxy after changing world.icon_size to something other than 32, unusual behavior occurs at the map boundary.

If I set world.maxy to 10 , I can only see 9 tiles on the y-axis - I can still move into the extra tiles, and they're still treated normally, however I have found it impossible to get them to render (playing with world.view).

If world.icon_size is 32, it seems to work properly.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
I've attached a private project to demonstrate this. Simply run, click Game -> New Game (Easy). This should generate a 9x9 grid, instead you see only 9x8.

Does the problem occur:
Every time, when world.icon_size is not 32 (tested 8, 16, 24)

Workarounds:
I plan to release this game on New Year's Day as part of a massive publicity gimmick, so I'll work around the bug and let you know how it goes. =P

EDIT- For some reason, despite checking "could this issue affect security" this entry was not hidden when I logged out of the website and viewed the bug lists.

Contact me for the project files ([email protected])
I tested this in an environment with a 10x10 map and an icon_size of 24, and got normal behavior. 64 also works, which I knew from an earlier project. I tested in both 459 and 461.

There may be something about your particular project's settings that's responsible for this, but I'll need the source to confirm. You can always feel free to send me code for bug reports at [email protected]. (If there is a bug, to get it fixed by the new year you'll need to get that code to me by this afternoon.)
I fired off an email moments ago. Thanks again for the quick response.
I saw your issue in action and went through the process of tracing it through, to discover that some of the icons were appearing with a width and height of 32. After re-checking your source I found that your icon file is a 32x32 file, not a 16x16 as promised by world.icon_size. Because the 16x16 portion you're using is at the upper left of the 32x32 block, each icon is therefore showing a full tile further up than it actually is.
Lummox JR wrote:
I saw your issue in action and went through the process of tracing it through, to discover that some of the icons were appearing with a width and height of 32. After re-checking your source I found that your icon file is a 32x32 file, not a 16x16 as promised by world.icon_size. Because the 16x16 portion you're using is at the upper left of the 32x32 block, each icon is therefore showing a full tile further up than it actually is.

I, sir, am a moron.

I am using graphics provided from AbyssDragon's SweepMiner, and didn't even think that they would need to be resized to be used properly. Since the graphics SEEMED to be appearing correctly, I never thought to check there.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble.