Decadence

by SuperAntx
Decadence
Take part in an epic battle over a colored piece of cloth.
its a good game but it needs more players
i seen noone has been on this game in a long time i logd on and invited my hole friends list this morning i logd of about a hour after playing came back in about 5 hours server is still full hope it stays that away for a while
WHERE IS EVERYBODY?
The current CTF&TDM only server is trash. Massive Lag Spikes every 10 seconds; Completely unplayable.
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
The current CTF&TDM only server is trash. Massive Lag Spikes every 10 seconds; Completely unplayable.

Agreed
I could host a decent server but every time I do no one joins. The current CTF&TDM wasn't that bad a few days ago when I played. I'll put up a server now and leave it up. If people play then I can host almost 24/7.
I know plenty of people who play decadence they just get tired of:

1. The lag
2. The whole "no updates thing"
Enzuigiri wrote:
I know plenty of people who play decadence they just get tired of:

1. The lag
2. The whole "no updates thing"

The lag comes from a few bad choices I made when designing the game, some were unavoidable but others were simply from my inexperience. Keep in mind the project started before we even had big icons so at one point the player sprite was composed of several 32x32 chunks glued together. Some other legacy stuff like that carried over as well.

I'm not updating Decadence right now because I'm working on another game, one which runs silky smooth over a network. If I were to update Decadence I'd probably nuke most of what's there and start from scratch again, saving maybe the player sprite and some of the map details.
Decided to 24/7 host this game on my SSH server.
corney game
ur bad
Fun...
omg y cant u update ND maek new gaem at same tiiiiime!
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!1112?/
Just kidding. I love you all.
Wish people would join when the server comes up aside from me~

Should probably make a designated time everyone joins for mayhem...
Kr wrote:

Message me on msn whenever you want me to host a server.
Kr wrote:

Bahh I join... dont even tell me I dont...
So, what made this epic game fail?
Xadux wrote:
So, what made this epic game fail?

the same thing that makes everything fail... son...

Lag
Lag didn't make it fail, inability to add content and players rage quitting is what caused it. Lag was mostly brought on by people's internet connections.

AntX was too busy IRL whilst trying to implement APC into the game, and players lack large amounts of patience, not even attempting to improve. Regardless, the game is still playable and it'd be nice if a server was up which allowed people to connect.

[One has been hosted but no one can connect]
Page: 1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22