ID:888408

Applies to:Dream Maker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Making color variations on overlays, skins, effects can be onerous. You can use in game scripts to add color to a black base, but it ends up looking vibrant and hokey.

My request is that an extra Swap button be added, this swap will take one color and swap all instances in the palette to a selected color. The idea is that this would be a simple feature to help make color changes to multi-state and animated icons. One way to leverage this new feature is that, I often use photoshop with icon files, one icon state is simply the current color palette in a straight line, I modify the hues and saturation until I am happy with the result, then I re-import the file and take only the palette state. What I want to be able to do is to now easily swap the current palette for my multiple variations and a swap-all button would do this easily.

There are workarounds to this lack of a feature, but I feel like more novice users would heavily use the swap-all button if it existed. Modifying the palette directly is frustrating when you already have your color identified.
There's no swap option in that feature. I think it'd be easier to click one color and then another, like the swap tool in the frame editor.
In response to Kaiochao
Agreed
It is a game making tool with an included icon editor, I don't see why a time saving feature in the icon editor is an invalid recommendation.
It's not a priority? Then what do you count as a priority?

This is something that'd save time and greatly help game developers. I've had to write down color combinations when working on icons to edit a color into the correct color; it's annoying and time consuming. It's something that's easy enough to do aswell, it's just a wider-use swap.
In response to SuperAntx
I knew I saw this somewhere else.