Fugsnarf wrote:
And I'm not saying I hate them. I'm also very tolerant of gays. However, the flamers are still annoying ;)

how can you go to sleep at night knowing you cut gay men penis's

the boy aint right peggy!
There are some parts of the bible you should draw lessons from, others should just be ignored.
Written by men, influenced by the romans, the book is nowhere near perfect.
Who are you to judge what is perfect? You are, after all, but a man yourself. You are however, entitled to your own opinions, and I respectfully disagree with them :)
Well iīm someone who rather listen to himself then to a book and people who lived way before his time. Even if the bible was right and truly gods will. I would still decide for myself whats right and wrong.
Fugsnarf wrote:
Who are you to judge what is perfect? You are, after all, but a man yourself. You are however, entitled to your own opinions, and I respectfully disagree with them :)

Well, I don't know about you, but I don't consider stoning women who fornicate perfect. Nor do I consider infinite punishment fair unless you commit some sort of infinite sin, which is impossible.
Your beliefs keep me from my rights. I'd like to married in this decade, and not have to move to do that. Marriage shouldn't be a fuckin' "privilege" that only heterosexual couples enjoy. Especially since this double standard only exists because of your faith.
If you are American, then you do not have a right granted to you by the constitution which says you can take part in homosexual marriage. You can rally and protest for that right, which you have a right to do, but until then you don't have the right unless, of course, you live in a state which gives you the right to gay marriage.
It's legal in 1 out of every 5 states of the United States right now. What are you complaining about? And as people we have every right to judge, just as you have every right to ignore.

No matter what you do in your life there will be a bulk of people who will hate it, whether it's personal or not. If you can't deal with criticisms then isolate yourself to a mountain dwelling.

And what's this garbage about how Marriage shouldn't be governmental? That's all it is right now, a legal joining of two people. Maybe back in the day when the church was the word it meant more spiritual, but modern day that isn't the case.

If you're getting married for religious purposes then being homosexual is a big no no, if you're getting married for legal purposes then rally or beat the system and move to where it's currently acceptable. If you're getting married for the simple feelings of love two people share, get a promise ring if you want to maintain your residence. A piece of paper won't make much difference to that last option.
Fugsnarf wrote:
If you are American, then you do not have a right granted to you by the constitution which says you can take part in homosexual marriage.

100% incorrect, Fugs.

Under the constitution, Americans are protected by their 1st amendment right to freedom of religion. Hence, Americans have the freedom to exercise whatever "marriage" ritual they choose.

What you probably mean is that the federal government extends no marriage benefits to same sex married couples (e.g. tax reduction, certain property rights, hospital visitation)
I firmly believe in the separation between church and state. Homosexuals should be allowed to be married in a court of law, but Religions should have the right to restrict who they marry in their own right. I believe entire state wide bans of gay marriages are nothing less then prejudice.

Even mentioning the bible in any sort of discussion like this immediately makes any of your opinions invalid. Condemning a person simply because of a ridiculous, fictional book is just insane.

Being a good person should be about being a good person, not out of fear because you are worried about eternal torment or because a god damn book tells you to. There shouldn't be a written book of rules on how to be a good person, it should come natural.

It's hilarious, because decades from now, they will be studying your religion in High Schools as mythology instead of the ancient Romans and some new stupid religious fad will be brain washing the masses and creating more hate and prejudice. It's a horrible cycle and I'd much rather have a country wide ban on religion then gay marriages.
mr top hat just be your self you dont got to prove yourself to no one you are who you are :D
Just remember. Any discussions that delve into religious basis must always invoke the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster. Since it has now been invoked, the religious crowd of this conversation cannot use the argument "prove it doesn't exist" without agreeing that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is as real as their own deity.

<3 Ken.
The Naked Ninja wrote:
Just remember. Any discussions that delve into religious basis must always invoke the Church of Flying Spaghetti Monster. Since it has now been invoked, the religious crowd of this conversation cannot use the argument "prove it doesn't exist" without agreeing that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is as real as their own deity.

<3 Ken.

spaghetti looks like poo :(
It is if I rule the world. <-- And I agree with you to an extent.
"And what's this garbage about how Marriage shouldn't be governmental? That's all it is right now, a legal joining of two people. Maybe back in the day when the church was the word it meant more spiritual, but modern day that isn't the case." ~ The Naked Ninja

I meant, if Religion is being defined as a "holy union" then it has no business being in our government. Our government has no business being selective in which faith they reward based upon archaic gender norms.

"Homosexuals should be allowed to be married in a court of law, but Religions should have the right to restrict who they marry in their own right." ~ Radical Designs

+1 I entirely agree, keep Christian marriage to your own holy standards, I'm not Christian, as an American I shouldn't be subject to your Religions standards.

At least you are not Ugandan.
"I never really hated a one true God, but the God of all the people I hated." ~ Marilyn Manson
Bootyboy wrote:
At least you are not Ugandan.

they just canīt stop corrupting Africa
I read awhile ago that the percentage of hermaphrodites born into the human population is on the rise and hasn't been stopping for some time now.

Many scientists think that perhaps this may be the next evolution of humans. Man, wouldn't that solve a lot of problems?
Mr.Tophat wrote:
"I never really hated a one true God, but the God of all the people I hated." ~ Marilyn Manson

"You need to improve on your graphic art skills. I'm a pro GFX myself."
~Dinomaster45
Page: 1 2 3