ID:89317

The next version of my card-battling boardgame, PathWrath 2, won't be out for at least another week. However, I figured I'd share some of the interface changes. Pardon the lack of old pictures to compare them to.

Here's what new players will see when they enter a server. I increased the dimensions of the help file so it's more of the focus and slapped the MOTD over the chat. Hosts or hosts-to-be get a message in the chat tab instead.

I removed the default window controls, increased the resolution to 1024x768 and removed the camera options. Meanwhile, the skin color is less saturated and I've removed most of the unnecessary textures for a cleaner look... I slapped on a logo too.

Medals are not yet implemented, but players will be able to view a shrine dedicated to the last winner in the lower-left corner.

Below is a picture of the landing phase. Players will eventually be able to see how many resources and points a toll threatens to remove. The outer blank tab in the top-left is for the public log.

I also removed the black borders from the realms and HUD along with unnecessary text.

The inner blank tab next to the phase instructions contains a player's hand. Card information is no longer presented in a separate tab. The tabs displaying how cards can be used now have icons instead of text. Their events and modifiers are displayed in grids for better formatting and less issues with scrolling.

Players now get battle estimates accompanying the stat comparisons when selecting invaders or support.

Selected tiles now have animated HUDs.

Managing a realm will no longer be the scrolling nightmare it can be in the current version. Each option has its own tab. I've selected the elevation tab in this picture just to note that I'm using sliders instead of links whenever I can.