ID:89705

Keywords: techtree

I finally updated my BYOND version.  Thus far, it seems none of my projects have been affected negatively.  I still need to try the games I've been missing out on lately.

BTW, I thought I'd share this article regarding how the Independent Games Festival is judged.  This year's finalists have been announced.

Devourer Of Souls updated his hybrid, Witches' Chess.  This time the focus appears to be on runtime fixes.  A helpful member of the game's forum, named Raizion, has been providing bug reports since October. =)

The competitive defense game, Efencea, is no longer featured by the guild.  I hesitated for a while, but among the problems of the current version is an outdated help file that is not completely functional.  I couldn't quite grasp what was bothering me about the game, but help files are a solid guild requirement.  With no plans to update Efencea in the immediate future, team member Vermolious said to just remove it.  Meanwhile, he and Tayoko are contemplating their next project.

Mechanos7 updated his turn-based tactical battle, Riverside.  This time around, he focused on bug fixes and interface improvements...  Plus, I'm finally able to enter the game now that I've updated BYOND. ;)

Acebloke has redesigned his system for funding games.  He's aiming for £20 per month through Wargames/Wargames 2 subscriptions and more.  The current state can be found at the top of his blog's front page.

Geldonyetich has made quite a bit of progress with Project Shock.  The code has been reorganized and he appears to have a solid concept.  He's now describing the game as a multiplayer sci-fi rogue.  The action queue is still there to offer an element of planning, but it's looking like BYOND RPG might get the game.

Gamemakingdude is looking for opinions regarding interface design for his RTS.  He's aiming for a fullscreen display like Age of Empires and searching for help with onscreen chat.  According to a pager conversation, he's contemplating moving the project to C++.

Tsfreaks is resuming his search for a team under his PopLava label.  Projects will likely involve XNA if not BYOND.  If he can't find a team, Tsfreaks is contemplating giving up game development.  This means Tower Defense: Clone Wars and his version of Cathedral could never see another update.  (Outpost: The Long Night might never even have an alpha release.)

I posted another preview of my card-battling boardgame, PathWrath 2.  I've hidden the menu and removed reasons to view it during the game.  I'm now adding displays for the stock and customizations of each player.  Medals are probably next.

I then took what I've been learning with PathWrath 2 lately and applied it to another game.  Version 4 of my daemonic wargame with adaptable units, Flesh and Drone, was released.  I focused on the interface and removed the clashing colors.

Finally, someone asked me what libraries I use so I posted them along with a couple tools.  They're mostly mine.  I tend to release anything not related to game logic.

Fooldom Come: One subscription. Many games.

Let us mourn.

Got news? I made Ripple.org my homepage.

R.I.P Efencea. Still a favorite.
I've not played it, but if someone could host it i would definately try it out.
You can play it by yourself. It's still a crap load of fun.
Fugsnarf wrote:
You can play it by yourself. It's still a crap load of fun.

Cool, and what your opinion on me changing my rts into C++?
A mistake.
Haha, I may have to go fix up the help files, come up with a balance for the new features, find a new means for map selection, and put together at least 3 maps, just to get it back to featured status. Would that be enough?

I'm pretty sure I can do all of these things without Tayoko.
D':

Meh, can't help but feel like Efencea grossly understates our potential as a team. If I ever seem a little indifferent toward Efencea RTS, it's because of that.

It doesn't say much for your potential as a team when you can't even finish the darn game.
Foomer wrote:
can't

Won't.

[:

What's the difference? The team fails to finish the game. Bottom line.

Team with results = good team. Team with no results = bad team.
Tayoko wrote:
Foomer wrote:
can't

Won't.

[:

Not if I have anything to say about it. Maybe I don't.
Vermolius wrote:
Tayoko wrote:
Foomer wrote:
can't

Won't.

[:

Not if I have anything to say about it. Maybe I don't.

Could you also add a resize option in it? Cos When i play the game i find the screen too big.
Gamemakingdude wrote:
Could you also add a resize option in it? Cos When i play the game i find the screen too big.

Try entering the command @fullscreen. It works well for those with 1024x768 resolutions, not so much for others. Oh, and if you don't like @fullscreen, use @1024x768 to revert.

If that doesn't work get a new monitor, you know, one that shows more than 800x600 pixels.