ID:89806

Some people want to know if and how they can contribute to Single Player Games, and if so, then what are the guidelines? I created this page so that I can refer anyone who asks this question here for the answers.

Basically, yes, you certainly can contribute, whether you're a BYOND member or not, and we would very much like for you to do so. If you want to contribute, here's what you need to know:

What kind of posts to we accept?

Anything that might be of interest to people who are interested in playing or developing single player games. If you're a developer, you could submit a post about your game, either finished or under development. You can submit progress reports and let everyone know how things are coming along. You might write about a cool game idea that you had, but will most likely never be able to make. If you're a player, you might write reviews, comments or experiences - good or bad - regarding games that you've played.

There aren't any strict posting requirements, but:
  • Try to make your posts at least a few paragraphs long.
  • Please take some time to proof-read and spellcheck posts before submitting them.
  • Be mindful that as the editor I will most likely proof-read your post myself, and will make any necessary changes so that it fits seamlessly with the rest of the site. I will never change the content of your post beyond formatting and spellchecking.
I also ask that you don't submit posts to this blog that have already been submitted or published elsewhere, and that you agree not to publish them elsewhere after submitting them here.

How do I submit a guest post?

If you are not a BYOND member, you will not be able to submit content to this site unless you are registered as a contributor. If you would like to submit content, please contact me and provide me with your key name, so that I will know to add you to the list of contributors.

If you are a BYOND member or a registered contributor and your post fits the guidelines above, then you can use the Add Post link (listed under This Site in the BYOND navigation bar at the top of the page) to submit your post.

Note that if you would like the include pictures in your post, you will need to e-mail these to me in addition to submitting your post, so that I can format your post to include the pictures before publishing it.

Your post will be reviewed and, if everything is acceptable, will be posted at an opportune time in the near future. If your post was rejected, then obviously you are free to use it anywhere else.

What's in it for you?

For BYOND members, the advantage of contributing to Single Player Games is that you'll gain exposure to a slightly different audience. But because you're awesome and we want people to know about you, we'll make sure that anything you contribute to our site includes a link back to your site. And as long as your site remains active and contains acceptable content, we'll also keep a link to it here on our main page.

For people who are not members, the advantage is that your posts will be visible on the members front page where tons of people will see it.
Note that if you would like the include pictures in your post, you will need to e-mail these to me in addition to submitting your post, so that I can format your post to include the pictures before publishing it.

Is that meant for people who have nowhere to store their own images?
Essentially. If people want to submit the posts with images hosted elsewhere, that's fine too, but I'll just have to copy them over to this site's file space so we don't end up with dead image links.

In the end it still might be easier if I just put the images in myself, since I have some custom tags that I can use to position things.