ID:90517

I know I've asked about hosting SO MANY TIMES and I apolgize but what I never asked is, can everyone host? I've tried The port forward site and maybe it's just me but I can't ever get anything running on Dream Daemon I get the same thing saying it couldn't reach players. So games like Mitadake High and even my own game never open for public even when I try it.

Sorry for the "Newbish" Question but I'm at the point where I really want to get things working now.
there are all sorts of less obvious issues that can arise, making it difficult or impossible for someone with a specific setup to be able to properly forward their ports

it's certainly possible that in your case, the only way to be able to host would be to get a completely new router/modem/etc setup. but you've told us nothing of what your current setup is so there's no way of knowing
Well TBH this router stuff isn't exactly my stronghold all I know is I have an Old Linksys router and the model is a WRT54G ( yes I know very outdated ) I've tried in the router itself enabling in the app&gaming but nothing.
most typical issue is you have some firewall running blocking your ports which either A) you're completely unaware of or B) you haven't disabled
I do have McAfee which does block programs alot
It's most likely your router doesn't have the right port forwarding.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/ Linksys/WRT54G/default.htm
If you have a modem, that can act as a router and you may need to portforward through it. Of course, I have the same router model as you, and mine doesn't work either, so maybe it's just the model.
i too have the same router, and it USED to work, but doesn't anymore. i've done a lot trying to figure out how to get it to work, but to no avail
I think when it comes to these things my brain just stops, god only knows why :/