ID:91428

Poll: Howd you guys like the opening ceremony for the olympics?

It was absolutly amazing 13% (6)
I missed it 23% (11)
I could care less about the Olympics 41% (19)
So Canadian :P 8% (4)
Too canadian >.> 8% (4)
I was there!!! 4% (2)

Login to vote.

Hey guys, just a random question I decided to kick up. Personally i loved the ceremony, the only con i have about it, is that the woman who was speaking french, sounded really bad, her french didnt sound right, they coulda used me >:O
The effects were amazing, and, me being a Canadian, i loved how it was, i even liked it better than the one in Beijing 2 years ago :P

And also happy valentines day i hope you all have a good one :)
I all have to say is the olympics are just a big waste of money and I'm ashamed we hosted it here.
Mareth wrote:
I all have to say is the olympics are just a big waste of money and I'm ashamed we hosted it here.

i have to agree, vancouver was probably the worst place too
They did a decent job putting together a program for the opening ceremonies, considering that Canada doesn't really have any culture of its own to show off.
It's kind of cool that I live 30 miles away from Vancouver, if I was at a higher elevation at the time I would have tried to see if I could spot any of the fireworks.

I found the ceremony to be very anti-climactic though. The speeches were just way too boring and off putting to hold my attention. Although the torch lighting failure was hilarious :P
Don't care about the opening ceremony*, and I can't stand Gretzky. Instead, I got drunk with a friend and watched movies all night.

*- LOVE the olympics. It's been on in my house pretty much non-stop since the games started. Gotta love the USA Cleaning china up in Women's Hockey :)
If she was speaking French the whole time, and if it seemed like she was a native French speaker, chances are she spoke Quebec French which sounds about as different from Parisian French as Mexican Spanish sounds from Castilian Spanish.
They've been advertising the Winter Olympics in Australia since mid June 2009. And the closer the events came, the more advertisements came. Now, every ad break on every network seems to contain an ad for the Winter Olympics featuring the "Just you watch" slogan.

The second these games are over, I'll be a very happy man. This constant barrage of "GO AUSTRALIA WHOO! BEST CHANCE FOR GOLD GO GO GO GO GO" has me hoping that each one of our competing athletes lose, and harshly.

So, I'm going for the missing poll option: I couldn't care less.
Tiberath wrote:
So, I'm going for the missing poll option: I couldn't care less.

Thank you. That's always something I tend to fuss over myself.

I loved the whale's in the opening ceremony.
TM The Ultimate wrote:
I loved the whale's in the opening ceremony.

that was my fav part too, with nelly's performance

SkylerHolzgrafe wrote:
olympics are a waste of time.

screw you skyler, ur jus sayin that cuz ur fat and cuz CANADA WHOOPED USA'S ASS TONIGHT!!! YEAH!! DAMN RIGHT >:3

GO CANADA
AND GO CROSBY!!!
Did you watch the closing ceremony? Your country immediately lost ALL bragging rights for the next 2 years. Good luck in the summer there Canucks :P
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
Did you watch the closing ceremony? Your country immediately lost ALL bragging rights for the next 2 years. Good luck in the summer there Canucks :P

lol i got bored it was extremely boring, nothing compared to the openings but still we did pretty good :P
Soccerdog wrote:
lol i got bored it was extremely boring, nothing compared to the openings but still we did pretty good :P

It sucked. Opening was good, but I was drunk, and thought it was funny when Gretzky's pylon gave him the finger(I HATE that guy with a passion). Still, you guys represented home field advantage well.
SkylerHolzgrafe wrote:
Soccerdog wrote:
SkylerHolzgrafe wrote:
olympics are a waste of time.

screw you skyler, ur jus sayin that cuz ur fat and cuz CANADA WHOOPED USA'S ASS TONIGHT!!! YEAH!! DAMN RIGHT >:3

GO CANADA
AND GO CROSBY!!!

...im not fat, shanya...i hate the olympics i hate canada i hate the usa..i hate everything, but i dont hate you, so stop hating Me.

lol well stfu freakin emo kid and get the fuk off my page asshole