ID:91483

I have finally uploaded the next version of one of the best frelling games on BYOND, PathWrath 2. For those unfortunate enough to have been shaded from its enlightenment, PathWrath 2 is a boardgame where players place guards, earn tolls, and try to avoid paying tolls by winning card battles. (It's in the same "Monopoly with monsters" genre as the Culdcept series, but the mechanics are much different.) Three different decks of cards are included and more can be created with XML.

The latest update concentrated on the interface. Unfortunately, I deleted the old pictures before I could post them for comparisons.

Here's me after a movement phase. The instructions on the right have been simplified with a unique interface for each phase. Perhaps there's a bit more tab management, but the game automatically displays what is necessary. (By the way, my attempt at revenge failed miserably.)

Here's the new battle interface. There's a lot less text to worry about. Meanwhile, new players will find the battle estimates useful. (They'll likely lose if they fail to read card details though.)

I still have some ideas for improvements, but I got a lot done. Here's the list of changes presented in the game:
  • The default resolution was increased to 1024x768.
  • The instructions grid has been replaced with a separate interface for each turn phase.
  • Multiple medals have been added. The last winner now gets a shrine displaying any medals earned. Players who finish a game earn the "Walk The Path" medal until they quit a game in progress.
  • Phase text was removed from the map. Highlighted selections are now animated.
  • The battle interface is less crowded.
  • Card movement now has a distinct interface.
  • Card details are now viewed with the Deck button rather than a separate tab.
  • Guests in unhosted sessions now get a message to log into the pager. Those logged in are told to use the Options->Server menu.
  • The help file was updated with improved CSS and conciseness.
  • The required players are now displayed in the player count.
  • Various tab titles were removed to let their tab icons speak for them. This seems especially helpful in the card descriptions.
  • Card links now make a confirmation sound.
  • Redundant battle result spam was removed.
  • Some sunken borders were removed to make areas of the skin look more connected.
  • Colors in most of the skin were made less saturated.
  • Records were removed.

Thank you to Tman1114, Crashed and Gamemakingdude for helping me test! =)

...Frell you, Gryt. ;)
ACWraith wrote:
Thank you to Tman1114, Crashed and Gamemakingdude for helping me test! =)

...Frell you, Gryt. ;)

No problem AC. Just inform me the next time you need more testing and i'll be there.